Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

Assignment 3: Scales of MeasurementFor each measure or

Customer Question

Assignment 3: Scales of Measurement

For each measure or attribute in the following list, create a realistic example (for example, weight = 150 pounds) and indicate the scale of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio). Please note the example given is usually called a value, and the term "value" is used in a generic sense; the answer does not have to be a number; some of the answers might be words:

Attribute Example Scale
The amount of time it takes you to run a mile
The number of times a dog barks before eating
The order in which first-grade kids learn to read
The number of cell phone numbers in an address book

After deciding on the scale of measurement for the above attributes, change all the examples or values so they will fit into a different scale of measurement. For example, weight can be made into an ordinal scale of measurement by calling it weight group and a realistic measurement would be thin. Then, state what scale this new measurement would fit into. The most challenging one is gender. Can this scale be altered? Why?

Last, but not the least, explain why many scientists believe most data labeled as ratio are really interval data.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for getting to me. I post prior to the due date hoping to get help sometimes it works sometimes I'm on my own. Thank you though for getting back to me. Maybe you can help me later on.