Joanne
Joanne, Tutor
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Political Science
14883717

for joanne, It can be difficult sometimes to truly assess

for joanne,
It can be difficult sometimes to truly assess the reality of what the company stands for. I really go back to the premise to observe "what they do" vs. "what they say they do" but this can take some time to fathom. elaborate.

250 words. 7 dollars.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Joanne replied 2 years ago.

Joanne : noted working on it
Customer:

i need this answer tonight please.

Joanne :

I do agree that it is difficult to assess what the any company stands for. For example, some companies may have a very grand mission or vision statement which says to maximize the welfare of consumers when in actual fact their actual intentions is to maximize their level of profits and the only reason why their mission and vision statement is phrased a certain way would be to enhance the effectiveness of their marketing by portraying a certain positive image of the company. Hence, for investors, consumers or any other stakeholders, it is simply not enough to just look at a company’s mission, vision and values statement to form a coherent and reliable judgment of the organization.

As such, it is important for the stakeholder to take a more well-rounded view. This includes observing what the organization actually does- such as the products it actually sells and the strategies taken to sell it. For example, if the company stated that it wishes to provide healthcare for all to make the world a better place, and yet all it does is to set exorbitant prices for medical products which are clearly way above the cost of producing the good, it does show that the organization is not doing what it said it wishes to do. However, in reality, it is definitely difficult for any person to truly assess the reality of what the company stands for because companies are able to adopt more discrete and sophisticated methods to hide their true intentions. Hence, an individual just needs to do as much research as possible in order to tell if a company is indeed delivering what it is promising to do.

Joanne :

-

Joanne, Tutor
Experience: BSc (Hons) Political Science