if you are able to help, could i have by friday 12/2/11?
1. Which of the following is a key and unique construct of Social-Cognitive Theory (SCT)?
a. Perception of susceptibility
b. Risk-benefit calculation
d. Observational learning (modeling)
2. Which of the following is the most important factor contributing to health disparities in the United States?
b. Educational background
c. Ethnic/racial background
d. Health insurance
3.African American college educated women have significantly high rates of infant mortality. Why is this so?
a. Lack of access to prenatal care
b. Because of the work/home spillover
d. They work overtime
4. How can environments provide a cue to action for eating healthy food?
a. Accessibility in the community to healthy supermarkets and stores
b. Provide information about the health benefits of food
c. Location of healthy food in the supermarket
d. All of the above
5.What are the main types of social support?
a. Emotional, disdain, informational, and networks
b. Emotional, tangible, informational, and networks
c. Emotional, intangible, informational, and networks
d. Behavioral, tangible, informational, and networks
6.The ecological approach to understanding factors influencing a particular health problem can be described as
a. an emphasis on personal responsibility for health, with an understanding that individuals can be influenced by others.
b. a framework in which health behavior is adaptive or maladaptive with respect to an ecological system.
c. an understanding that the health behavior of a given individual is the product of a complex set of influences, such as personal attitudes, socio-cultural beliefs, the physical environment, and others.
d. a focus on the interrelationship between genetic and social factors in producing health outcomes.
7.Which will best advance what is known about health behavior?
d. Synthesis of theory, research, and practice
8.Which of the following is characterized by the norms of reciprocity and social trust?
a. Social capital
b. Social influence
d. Social support
II. SHORT ESSAY QUESTIONS (12 points each; 3 questions in total- 36 points)
FOR SHORT ESSAY QUESTIONS WRITE YOUR ANSWER AND BE AS SPECIFIC AND DETAILED AS POSSIBLE. ANSWERS SHOULD BE AT LEAST ONE PARAGRAPH AND CAN BE A MAXIMUM OF TWO PARAGRAPHS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO USE ADDITIONAL PAGES.
1) Name three factors that contribute to health disparities (inequalities) in the U.S. For each factor you list, write down one theoretical approach (only ONE can be an individual level theory) that might be useful in developing an intervention to address that factor, and briefly state why it might be useful).
Contributing factor (1): _____________________________________________________
Contributing factor (2): ______________________________________________________
Contributing factor (3): ________________________________________________________
2. How is a social determinants approach different (as an explanation for behavior) than theories such as the Health Belief Model or Theory of Planned Behavior?
3. Pick EITHER the Health Belief Model or Social Cognitive Theory and briefly explain how you would use the theory to help you design a health promotion campaign focusing on helmet use among motorcycle riders. The target population of motorcycle riders is in a Southwest state where government regulation of behavior is not viewed kindly.
Victor was robbed and beaten by a man wearing a rubber