Chris12
Chris12, Teacher
Experience:  Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor

Criminal Justice Assignment Need Help, Bonus (up to $60) if

Customer Question

Criminal Justice Assignment Need Help, Bonus (up to $60) if complete early or on time

Case Scenario

Around 2:30 p.m. on the afternoon of September 18, the victim, a prominent citizen in the community, was assaulted and robbed of his wallet by the defendant while walking home from work. He was assaulted, pushed up against his car, and threatened with a knife. Because of the victim's prominence in the community, this crime generated a great deal of media attention, calling for a quick arrest and conviction of the person or persons who committed the crime, which resulted in heavy pressure being placed on the police to make an arrest. The defendant was apprehended several days later while carrying the victim’s wallet and a knife. The victim subsequently identified the defendant in a lineup. During the preliminary hearing, the defendant was declared indigent and provided with a public defender. Because of the nature of the offense, bail was denied. The defendant, who chose not to take the stand in his own defense during the trial, was convicted on multiple charges connected with the assault and is awaiting sentencing.

Assignment Guidelines

•Address the following in 750–1,000 words:
◦At what stage in the criminal justice process does double jeopardy attach itself to the proceedings? Why? Explain your answer.
◦Do you feel that the jury in this case might be unduly influenced by the defendant not taking the stand in his own defense? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
◦What constitutional safeguards, if any, would apply to the defendant not testifying in his own defense?
◦What theory of punishment would you apply in this case, and why? Focus on theories of punishment for the defendant rather than the exact number of years to be sentenced.

Please let me know if you are working on it, by replying.
Due Date Friday December 2nd @ 9pm CST
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

Chris12 :

How many pages are required? How many references are required? Is there additional information needed to complete?

Customer:

no limited on the pages, but need to be between(NNN) NNN-NNNNwords APA styles.....no amount of references require....(could be as little as one or 10)

Chris12, Teacher
Experience: Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh forgot to mentioned on the standard APA format after the cover page there is usually the abstract page then start on page 3 will be the actual writing....instructor want a quick outline (to show what the essay is going to be able) on top of the abstract on page 2
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Looking forward to the essay on Friday the 2nd....thank you in advanced!

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
Okay, thanks.
Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no abstract? and outline?
Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
I'll get on that right away.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still looking forward for the outline and abstract! Hope to hear from you soon!! Also, I had scan thru the questions and the writing, feel if you can maybe come up with another 100 words....as it is kinda border line from the minimum word count requirement.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Chris12, would you mind another 300-500 words or so to answer this questions to be part of the essay?

• Explain the importance of codes of ethics in guiding practices and minimizing misconduct by criminal justice personnel during all stages of the criminal justice process.
  • What are the ethical requirements for prosecutors to "seek justice, not merely to convict"? How might these expectations be enhanced in the criminal justice system? Explain your answer.
  • What recourse does the court have in this scenario if it is proven that there has been misconduct on the part of the police or the prosecution? Explain your answer
  • Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
    The earliest I can do something is tomorrow been in bed most of the day not feeling well.
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.
    that's fine
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.
    hope you are feeling better Chris12......please get back to me as soon as you can when you get a chance
    Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.
    THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
    You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
    If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would you just add this into the bottom of the papers? or would you put it somewhere else in the paper?