BMW MD
BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer
21094728

Unit 3 Individual Project Deliverable Length: 2–3 pages Details:

Unit 3 Individual Project
Deliverable Length: 2–3 pages
Details: In many cities throughout the United States, the prevalence of hate crimes has increased. You have been asked to provide your insight into this and recommend ways to decrease the occurrence of these types of crimes.

Research the topic of hate crimes and address the following:

•Create a profile of the typical individual who commits hate crimes.
•Who are some targets and/or victims of hate crimes?
•What are some of the causes and effects of these crimes?
•What actions can be taken to minimize the occurrence of hate crimes?
Please submit your assignment.

The following rubric will be used for grading:

Grading Rubric

IP assignment response
30%

Evidenced critical thinking and connection to real-world and assignment scenario applicability
40%

Justified ideas and responses by using appropriate examples and references from texts, Web sites, and other references or personal experience
20%

Adherence to assignment deadlines, length requirement, correct spelling/proper grammar, and properly formatted per APA style
10%

For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials. Please refer to the following multimedia course material(s):

•Unit 3: Discriminatory Social Issues
•Unit 3: Social Inequality, Technology, Family
•Unit 3: Prejudice, Stereotypes, & Discrimination
•Unit 3: Social Inequality
•Unit 3: Understanding Prejudice

Points Possible: 100
Date Due: Sunday, Nov 27, 2011
Objective: •Examine social behavior and its influences.
•Recognize the causes and effects of social inequality, including racism, sexism, and systems of social stratification.

Submitted Files: Submit Assignment
Sure! BMW
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Submitted Files:Submit Assignment
Score:N/A
Instructor Comments:This assignment allows you the opportunity to examine hate crimes in the US... make sure that you address each of the four key bullet points. Make sure that you spend a great deal of time discussing the definition of hate crimes and what types of hate crime exist. Your paper should be detailed and comprehensive.

Finally make sure your paper is in APA format. If you have had APA mistakes in the past please make sure you attend at least one APA Learning Lab session. Please remember that an APA paper must use Times New Roman 12 pt font. Your paragraphs must be in double spaced format with one inch margins.... and your citations and references must be in APA format. Grading rubric for this assignment:
Define hate crime (20/20)
Describe the typical profile of an individual who commits a hate crime (20/20)
Relate some of the causes of hate crimes (20/20)
Share what can be done to reduce the incidence of hate crimes (20/20)
Grammar (10/10): subject-verb agreement; spelling; word selection; sentence structure
Length (5/5): 2-3 pages in length
APA format/research (5/5)
Here is your answer. Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

If I tried to determine a person's social class the physical traits I would look at are body type, skin color, and teeth. I chose these traits because coming from a large city with an estimated population over three million people the lower class area were usually people of color who resided in those areas. The schools I attended in San Diego were mixed with kids from all social backgrounds and usually the kids less fortunate were brought in by bus from some of the poorest neighborhoods. I chose body type because I associate a person's weight to either being healthy or obese. Residents of middle to lower class tend to eat the cheaper faster ways and that is fast food because the nutritional foods are more expensive at supermarkets. Also a person who looks unhealthy or malnourished could indicate their class because they cant afford to buy groceries or eat far less than people of upper class because they can not afford to purchase food as often. Third I chose teeth because often the poorest of the poor cannot afford quality dental care and health care therefore there overall physical appearance suffers the consequences. Children from poor or less fortunate circumstances often times have caps over there teeth at very young ages due to lack of nutritional needs being met at home or in school. The only question I would ask would be "Where do you live?" because this would also be in indicator to me what social class they would fall under. In San Diego, where I was born and raised, the poor and less fortunate often lived in the crime ridden areas and the middle to upper class lived in the nice suburban areas with shopping centers and newer schools. The other indicator that could determine one's class is their type of clothing. The less fortunate tend to wear the "generic" brand clothing which costs half the price of brand name clothing in department stores.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Are you going to help me.THANKS

Do you still need this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

YES!!!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.