1. A nucleus is found in: (Points: 5)
All of these answers are true.
2. The main components of a cell membrane are: (Points: 5)
phospholipids and proteins.
steroids and carbohydrates.
nucleic acids and simple sugars.
proteins and steroids.
3. The endoplasmic reticulum: (Points: 5)
functions in internal transport of macromolecules.
carries on cellular respiration.
is the site of photosynthesis.
is dispersed nuclear material of DNA and protein.
4. The aerobic cellular respiration (release of energy from food) of carbohydrates occurs in the: (Points: 5)
5. Long structures used for cell movement are: (Points: 5)
6. Some people get repeated fungal infections because they cannot destroy these dangerous microbes after their white blood cells phagocytize them. This most likely means that these people have _______ that do not work properly. (Points: 5)
7. Enzymes are: (Points: 5)
8. Enzyme competition occurs when: (Points: 5)
one type of enzyme reacts with one type of substrate.
an enzyme does not react with a substrate.
three different types of enzymes react with one type of substrate.
an enzyme stops a reaction.
9. The proton pump is responsible for the production of: (Points: 5)
10. An anaerobic process does not require: (Points: 5)
11. The end product of glycolysis is: (Points: 5)
12. The result of the complete breakdown of glucose during aerobic cellular respiration in eukaryotic cells will yield a net gain of: (Points: 5)
13. Lactic acid is formed by combining: (Points: 5)
pyruvic acid and hydrogen.
CO2 and hydrogen.
ethyl alcohol and hydrogen.
pyruvic acid and oxygen.
14. Before fats can be metabolized in aerobic cellular respiration, they must be converted to: (Points: 5)
fatty acids and glycerol.
fatty acids and amino acids.
15. The digestion of a protein results in: (Points: 5)
the formation of peptide bonds.
16. The molecule that traps the sun's energy is: (Points: 5)
17. __________ take(s) place within the grana. (Points: 5)
The entire photosynthesis process
Aerobic cellular respiration
18. Thylakoids are found in: (Points: 5)
19. Energy gathering or concentrating mechanisms that allow light to be collected more efficiently during photosynthesis are called: (Points: 5)
20. O2 is a product of: (Points: 5)
All of the choices are correct.