Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

The neutrality of technology is the ______ important idea to

The neutrality of technology is the ______ important idea to consider when analyzing cyberculture. (Points : 10)
Most
Least

9. To help the reader further understand the concepts you present about an unfamiliar subject, it is best to use: (Points : 10)
Definition
A quote from an expert
Analogy
An extended explanation

10. Values, attitudes, and individual opinions are all important to consider when analyzing texts and artifiacts based on cultural identity. (Points : 10)
True
False
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
_______ is the way a visual work is organized. (Points : 10)
Description
Historical knowledge
Composition
Shape and structure

2. A semicolon should be used to connect two related sentences. Each sentence on either side of the semicolon must be complete. Which of the following exhibits this? (Points : 10)
XXXXX XXXXXkes to swim but; Donna hates it.
XXXXX XXXXXkes to run on ; Tuesday, Thursday, and at the gym.
XXXXX XXXXXkes football; Donna saw The Phantom of the Opera when she visited England in 2001.
Don runs every day; Donna runs once per week.

3. For many students, the comma is the most difficult form of punctuation to use. Offsetting an insertion is one way to make good use of a comma. Which of the following sentences clearly illustrates this concept? (Points : 10)
The lie however, was clear.
Yusef Komuyakaa, a Pulitzer-prize winning poet, is best known for his poetry of the Vietnam experience.
My mother, who thinks she is always right never backs down from an argument.
Ralph Fiennes is a British actor, who played in Red Dragon.

4. The apostrophe can be used to indicate the possessive and can create either singular or plural forms of the possessive. Which of the following is in singular form? (Points : 10)
The boy's train set fell out of the back of the truck.
The boys' train set fell out of the back of the truck.
The 'boys' train set fell out of the back of the truck.
The boys train set fell out of the back of the truck.

5. Some of the uses of a colon are to introduce a list, a quotation, an example, or an emphatic assertion. Which use does the following example exhibit?

Please purchase the following items from Lowe's: a hammer, two orchids, one pack of nails, and four more tiles for the bathroom.
(Points : 10)
Emphatic assertion
Example
List
Quotation

6. When writing analytically, a writer's repertoire of strategies to create credibility might include which of the following? (Points : 10)
Definitions from Wikipedia
Extended analogy
Hearsay
Abstract examples

7. In this course, you have examined at length the idea of popular culture. What does this idea mean? (Points : 10)
A privileged form of living.
Knowledge that helps us perform basic functions.
Common images, traditions, customs, and knowledge shared by large groups of people.
An analysis of beliefs and customs.

8. The neutrality of technology is the ______ important idea to consider when analyzing cyberculture. (Points : 10)
Most
Least

Definition
A quote from an expert
Analogy
An extended explanation

True
False

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

1. Composition

2. Don runs every day; Donna runs once per week.

3. Yusef Komuyakaa, a Pulitzer-prize winning poet, is best known for his poetry of the Vietnam experience.

4. The boy's train set fell out of the back of the truck.

5. List

6. Extended analogy

7. Common images, traditions, customs, and knowledge shared by large groups of people.

8. Most

9. Analogy

10. True

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Which of the following is a higher order concern? (Points : 5)
Editing for mechanics
Editing for spelling
Editing for punctuation

Which of the following sentences is incorrect? (Points : 5)
The girls’ bicycles are in the yard.
The girl’s bicycles are in the yard.
I asked my boss for three month’s pay.
I asked my boss for three months’ pay.

Which of the following should be documented in a research essay? (Points : 5)
Paraphrase
Direct quote
Summary
All of the above
Which of the following is a poor strategy for linking evidence to your ideas in an argument? (Points : 5)
Providing ample surrounding context for every example
Checking your generalizations to see how global they are
Avoiding expert testimony
Examining your assumptions
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Which of the following is a higher order concern?

Editing for mechanics

Which of the following sentences is incorrect?

I asked my boss for three month's pay.

Which of the following should be documented in a research essay?

All of the above

Which of the following is a poor strategy for linking evidence to your ideas in an argument?

Avoiding expert testimony

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When writing an argumentative essay, which of the following should be avoided? (Points : 5)
Presenting only one side of the argument
Presenting opposing viewpoints
Rebutting differing viewpoints
Pointing out common ground

15. In order to create credibility in analytical writing, which one of the following writing strategies might a writer use? (Points : 5)
Extended analogy
Distended definition
Hearsay evidence
Abstract detail

16. The study and use of language to inform, persuade, and possibly move an audience is called _____. (Points : 5)
Dispute
Concensus
Rhetoric
Judgment

17. When analyzing a text from the perspective of gender, you should consider_____. (Points : 5)
The writer's history of a journalist
The race of the writer
The religious context of the text
The image of maleness or femaleness the writer portrays

18. The common images, traditions, customs and knowledge shared by large groups of people are called _____. (Points : 5)
Technology
High culture
Media literacy
Popular culture

19. A comparison that makes an unfamiliar subject more familiar to clarify a point is called a(an) _____. (Points : 5)
Axium
Analogy
Quote
Description

20. Awareness about how advertisements, television, film, and other cultural expressions both reflect and shape our world is called _____. (Points : 5)
Politics
Rhetoric
Philosophy
Cultural and media literacy
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work