Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

The Sang Tribe mask sculpture illustrates a type of art called

Customer Question

The Sang Tribe mask sculpture illustrates a type of art called ________ art. (Points : 3)
trompe l’oeil
abstract
nonobjective
nonrepresentational

4. If the subject matter of a work of art can, in fact, be traced to the real world, how is it described? (Points : 3)
abstract
nonobjective
nonrepresentational
calligraphy

5. Which of the following themes best describes Ana Mendieta’s Silueta Works in Mexico, 1973-1977? (Points : 3)
fantasy
religion
pride and politics
art and daily life

6. In Three Flags, Jasper Johns chose to paint this image of the American flag to express: (Points : 3)
the injustices incurred during the Civil Rights movement.
his own patriotism during the McCarthy era.
his proclivity for things seen but not examined.
a universal concept of freedom.

7. Which of the following themes best describes Yukinori Yanagi's America, 1994? (Points : 3)
fantasy
religion
pride and politics
art and nature

8. In a work of art, what the work expresses or means refers to the ___________. (Points : 3)
form
context
content
composition

9. Erna Motna's painting, Bushfire and Corroboree Dreaming, depicts the preparations for a corroboree,or: (Points : 3)
a celebration ceremony.
a ritual hunt.
a human sacrifice.
a funeral.

10. The symbolic hand gestures that refer to specific states of mind or events in the life of Buddha are called: (Points : 3)
mudra.
bismillah.
calliform.
handies.

11. Considered a masterpiece of Renaissance art, Michelangelo's David came under attack upon first viewing due to its: (Points : 3)
political symbolism.
religious symbolism.
irregular proportions.
subject matter.

12. In van Eyck’s Arnolfini “wedding” portrait, the dog symbolizes _______. (Points : 3)
fruitfulness
faithfulness
filthiness
happiness

13. Claude Monet’s Regatta at Argenteuil is an example of ________, a mode of painting that dominated Western art, especially that in France, in the late 1800s. (Points : 3)
Classicism
Expressionism
Futurism
Impressionism

14. How was Maya Lin's Vietnam War Memorial similar to works by Manet and Duchamp? (Points : 3)
similar subject matter
avoidance of color
similar types of form
all were misunderstood by the public

15. Modeling is also called _____. (Points : 3)
animism
chiaroscuro
function
hue

16. Which work of art was the first to be installed as a result of the Arts in Public Places program? (Points : 3)
Vietnam Memorial
Tilted Arc
La Grand Vitesse
The Judgment of Paris

17. Renzo Piano's Jean-Marie Tjibaou Cultural Center is an example of "green architecture." Such buildings are praised for their: (Points : 3)
self-sufficiency.
lack of renewable resources.
innovative design.
use of high-tech materials.

18. The ___________ of a work of art is what the image literally depicts. (Points : 3)
context
subject matter
form
iconography

19. According to Sayre, what are the three steps in the process of "seeing"? (Points : 3)
detection, processing, reference
reception, extraction, inference
looking, seeing, believing
reception, interpreting, understanding

20. The character of a line is determined by: (Points : 3)
its three-dimensional nature.
its relationship to weight.
its angles and/or curves.
its color.

21. Line can be used to show: (Points : 3)
shape.
mass.
texture.
all of the above.

22. When a style of line becomes associated as an artist's work, we say it is: (Points : 3)
autographic.
calligraphic.
static.
generic.

23. A picture drawn in perspective that employs a single point of vision is called _____________. (Points : 3)
ocular vision
pyramidal vision
one-point perspective
monocular vision

24. In Mantegna's painting The Dead Christ, the artist utilizes the technique of ______ in order to adjust the distortion created by the point of view. (Points : 3)
chiaroscuro
isometric projection
oblique projection
foreshortening

25. A picture drawn in perspective that employs a single point of vision is called: (Points : 3)
binocular vision.
one-point perspective.
pyramidal vision.
monocular vision.

26. Madame Cezanne in a Red Armchair illustrates that the artist was more interested in design, pattern, color and the activity of painting itself rather than an accurate representation of the figure. The artist is: (Points : 3)
Pablo Picasso.
Andrea Mantegna.
Phillip Pearlstein.
Paul Cezanne.

27. The maximum effect of foreshortening occurs: (Points : 3)
at eye level with the feet of a figure, looking up.
at eye level with the navel of a figure, looking sideways.
looking directly into the figure's eyes.
in the background.

28. On axonometric projection, all lines indicating height, width, and depth remain: (Points : 3)
perpendicular.
parallel.
diagonal.
horizontal.

29. Cross-contour is used to: (Points : 3)
show the intersection of two lines in space.
unite shapes in a composition.
show mass by using line.
none of the above.

30. Contour drawings: (Points : 3)
require specific shading techniques.
are based on color relationships.
feature simplified line.
are hard to do.

31. A shape placed on a two-dimensional surface establishes a: (Points : 3)
contrasting color.
figure-ground relationship.
linear perspective.
sense of realism.

32. Solidity in a cross-contour drawing is: (Points : 3)
an illusion.
based on tone.
a function of weight.
all of the above.

33. The dimensions of an object, in relation to some constant such as the human figure, are known as its ________. (Points : 3)
proportions
balance
key
scale

34. Hans Namuth's photos teach us that Jackson Pollock longed to be involved in: (Points : 3)
impressionist masterpieces.
the process of painting.
the mechanized world.
the poetry of Robert Frost.

35. Because Bernini's sculpture, David, tells a story that of David slaying Goliath it is said to have a ________ sequence. (Points : 3)
plastic
narrative
linear
frozen

36. By the 19th century, the type of perspective used in paintings such as J.M.W. Turner's Rain, Steam, and Speed - The Great Western Railway had come to dominate the thinking of landscape painters. What type is it? (Points : 3)
luminous perspective
aerial or atmospheric perspective
two-point linear perspective
axonometric projection

37. On Newton's color wheel, colors that lie directly between a secondary and primary are called: (Points : 3)
intermediate colors.
complementary colors.
secondary colors.
primary colors.

38. On the color wheel, blues and greens are usually thought of as: (Points : 3)
opposite each other.
complementary colors.
intermediate colors.
cool colors.

39. The secondary colors of refracted light are: (Points : 3)
magenta, teal, brown.
red, green, purple.
magenta, cyan, yellow.
blue, yellow, orange.

40. Charles Searles's painting Filas for Sale uses a color scheme called: (Points : 3)
complementary.
tertiary.
analogous.
polychromatic.

41. Artists sometimes choose to paint something in colors that are not "true" to their optical or local colors. When this occurs it is an example of the expressive use of: (Points : 3)
arbitrary color.
artistic color.
secondary color.
oblique color.

42. The functional salt cellar of gold and enamel, Neptune (sea) and Tellus (earth), was made by: (Points : 3)
Benvenuto Cellini.
Antoni Gaudi.
Susan Ewing.
the Oxus artist.

43. Originally, when an artist worked in "the crafts", it meant that they: (Points : 3)
worked in bronze.
created production pieces in a factory.
produced functional objects.
worked in clay exclusively.

44. Native Americans used a traditional method for producing pots that did not involve the potter's wheel. What was it? (Points : 3)
cire-perdue
coil building
slab construction
subtractive modeling

45. This nineteenth-century building could be considered an early example of the relationship between new technology and architecture? It is: (Points : 3)
the Houses of Parliament.
the Crystal Palace.
the Red House.
the Palais Stoclet.

46. The Bauhaus: (Points : 3)
was designed by Mies van der Rohe.
was an influential design school in Germany.
was the name of a Dutch architecture style in the 1930s.
was designed by Le Corbusier.

47. The Arts and Crafts Movement was started in England by: (Points : 3)
Louis Comfort Tiffany.
XXXXX XXXXX.
A. W. N. Pugin.
Henri Toulouse-Lautrec.

48. When each side of a composition is exactly the same, it shows: (Points : 3)
absolute symmetry.
perfect proportion.
asymmetrical balance.
visual weight.

49. When dealing with balance in a composition, an artist or designer is actually dealing with: (Points : 3)
visual weight.
the balance between form and content.
actual weight.
proportion.

50. When an artist deliberately avoids emphasis, we say that the work is: (Points : 3)
postmodern.
afocal.
radially balanced.
multi-lateral.
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
i will give a tip i only need the first 3 questions answered. this is an art class.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the answers are

3 abstract

4 abstract

5 pride and politics.

if i give you the book i need will you have solutions that way. i will give you a tip for these becasue i may need your help later. let me know if you want the book i use.

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Please as the information I obtain was from Art sources. Please provide the book. Thanks