Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

1. Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5 (HSPD-5) requires

Customer Question

1. Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5 (HSPD-5) requires all Federal departments and agencies to:
a. Establish a panel that will evaluate activities at the State, tribal, and local levels to ensure compliance with NIMS.
b. Make adoption of NIMS by State, tribal, and local organizations a condition for Federal preparedness assistance (through grants, contracts, and other activities).
c. Create NIMS strike teams that can mange incident operations if a local government fails to comply with NIMS.
d. Implement NIMS as the doctrine for how best to organize and manage all routine, day-to-day department/agency operations.
2. Select the statement below that best describes one benefit of NIMS.
a. Establishment of standardized organizational structures that improve integration among jurisdictions and disciplines.
b. Funding for additional staff and other resources to address operations that are not NIMS compliant.
c. Creation of a comprehensive tactical plan for operational incident management that can be used for every incident.
d. Development of comprehensive strategies for addressing the management of international events.
3. A basic premise of the NIMS and National Response Framework (NRF) is that:
a. Incidents should be managed at the lowest jurisdictional level possible.
b. Unity of effort and command results when responding jurisdictions and agencies are willing to relinquish their authorities.
c. Effective response relies on the readiness of response partners to self-dispatch to an incident scene.
d. Preparedness is inherently a government responsibility and does not require participation from nongovernmental organizations.
4. The National Response Framework (NRF) presents the guiding principles that:
a. Are singly focused on improving Federal homeland security agencies’ response to catastrophic natural hazards and terrorist-related incidents.
b. Supersede the National Incident Management System’s framework when Federal agency and departments are assisting in a response.
c. Provide the structure and mechanisms to ensure effective Federal support of State, tribal, and local related activities.
d. Mandate specific operational plans for local responders to use when managing a wide range of incidents.
IS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction 012011
Final Exam
Page 2
5. Mutual aid agreements and assistance agreements provide:
a. Strategies for restoring critical infrastructure that affects multiple sectors and jurisdictions across specified geographical areas.
b. Mechanisms to quickly obtain emergency assistance in the form of personnel, equipment, materials, and other associated services.
c. Steps for ensuring the continuity of government at the local, tribal, and State levels following a catastrophic incident.
d. Lists of specialized codes for facilitating communication among responders representing different departments, agencies, and jurisdictions.
6. To better serve their constituents, elected and appointed officials should do the following, EXCEPT FOR:
a. Help to establish relationships (including mutual aid agreements and assistance agreements) with other jurisdictions and, as appropriate, with nongovernmental organizations and the private sector.
b. Provide guidance to their jurisdictions, departments, and/or agencies, with clearly stated policies for NIMS implementation.
c. Understand laws and regulations in their jurisdictions that pertain to emergency management and incident response.
d. Assume the role of incident commander for all incidents and direct the on-scene technical operations from the Emergency Operations Center.
7. Exercises should:
• Include multidisciplinary, multijurisdictional incidents.
• Include participation of private-sector and nongovernmental organizations.
• Cover aspects of preparedness plans, including activating mutual aid and assistance agreements.
• _______________________________________
a. Contain a mechanism for incorporating corrective actions.
b. Have consequences for inadequate performance.
c. Be repeated until performance is at an acceptable level.
d. Be based on the most catastrophic scenario that could affect the community.
8. Interoperability:
a. Primarily involves creating automated systems that allow for the sharing of sensitive incident information.
b. Is the ability of emergency management/response personnel to interact and work well together.
c. Requires nongovernmental and private-sector organizations to purchase standardized communication equipment.
d. Involves oversight by the Federal Communications Commission for assigning emergency frequencies.
9. ICS encourages jurisdictions to use common terminology. Common terminology:
Final Exam
Page 3
a. Is unique terminology that responders use when managing incidents.
b. Encourages the use of radio codes to communicate efficiently at incident site.
c. Applies exclusively to the naming of facilities used by the
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.

Thanks - I am working on this on the other thread as we agreed.