Geology Question. Can someone please answer as many questions as you can. Any help would be great. I need this tonight. Thank you in advance.
Ch. 1: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 3 & 5
3. How do you think the principle of uniformitarianism accounts for occasional catastrophic events such as meteorite impacts, huge volcanic eruptions, or great earthquakes?
5. In what ways do geologic processes affect your daily life?
Ch. 2: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 1 & 3
1.When astronauts brought back rock samples from the Moon, the minerals present were mostly the same as those found on Earth. Can you think of reasons why this might be so? Would you expect minerals on Mars or Venus to be the same, or at least very similar to those on Earth?
3. Which of the following materials are minerals, and why (or why not)? Water; beach sand; diamond; wood; vitamin pill; gold nugget; fishbone; emerald.
Ch. 3: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 3 & 4
3. How old are the rock formations in the area where you live and attend college or university? How can you find out the answer to this question?
4. Choose one of the geologic periods or epochs listed in Figure 3.8 and find out all you can about it: How are rocks from that period identified? What are its most characteristic fossils? Where are the best samples of rocks from your chosen period found?
Ch. 14: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 1 & 4
1. Earth and Venus are so similar in size and overall composition that they are almost “twins.” Why did these two planets evolve so differently? Why is Earth's atmosphere rich in oxygen and poor in carbon dioxide, whereas the reverse is true on Venus? What would happen to Earth's oceans if Earth were a little bit closer to the Sun?
4. What do you think might have happened to mammals if the end-of-Cretaceous extinction had not wiped out the dinosaurs?