asciandwildlifebio
asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Experience:  M.S. Bio, B.S. in Animal Science and Wildlife Biology. Comprehensive Spanish Written and Oral Skills
9201161

Review the following lecture on biodiversity and species. 1.

Review the following lecture on biodiversity and species.

1. We change ecosystems by replacing them with agricultural ecosystems, we alter species mixtures by introducing plants and animals, and we reduce populations by harvesting trees and animals for our use.

2. The impact of humans is greater today because the population is greater than it has ever been, and our technology is more harmful to the environment.

3. Mutations, migration, selective breeding, population size, and sexual reproduction impact biodiversity.

4. Habitat loss is due to agriculture, urban development, logging and other activities. Over-exploitation of fish, wildlife, and forestry resources depletes natural resources.

Introduction of exotic species that reduce or eliminate native species may be accidental or purposed.

5. What destroys ocean biodiversity? Over-exploitation by fishers. Destructive harvesting practices such as trawls.

6. Problems associated with forest exploitation are exposure of soil to increased erosion, loss of animal habitat and biodiversity, stream-bank erosion, stream siltation, increased water temperature, and a loss of scenery.

Question:

United States commercial ornamental flowering species are tolerated and imported from foreign countries.

Yet, traditionally, introducing exotic species is not encouraged as a preservative measure for the native environment.

How may individuals work toward reducing the spread of invasive alien species?

2-3 Paragraphs is fine. Please indicate references. Due Monday, October 31.
Hello! I would be glad to assist you with this assignment! Please let me know if you have any particular references in mind.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing in mind. Anything you can do to help would be great. I'm in the middle of moving and this is due tomorrow. I have to work tomorrow too. There aren't enough hours in the day. We had a bad snow storm and just now got power back on.
Okay, I can have it to you for tomorrow :)
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I can only read the abstracts of your refrences. Unless I purchase the document. I will have to see if I can find other references that support your writings.

I'm sure you can find some websites. There are many links to articles at : http://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/plants/controlmech.shtml