Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

AN UNCERTAIN HORIZONExam number 007700rrWhat incident

Customer Question

AN UNCERTAIN HORIZON Exam number 007700rr
I already answerd them but I need to see if they are correct

What incident abroad marked the election day of the 1956 election, thereby enhancing Eisenhower's bid for a second term? A. The crisis in the Formosa Straits B. The resolution of the Suez crisis C. The French defeat in Indochina D. An attack on U.S. Marines in Beirut 2. At the beginning of World War II, Roosevelt dealt with France A. through negotiations with the Vichy Government. B. by seeking an alliance with French Algeria. C. by supporting the Free French under Charles de Gaulle. D. by joining with the British in an assault on North Africa. 3. During LynXXXXX XXXXX's presidency, which of the following legislative or executive measures banned literacy tests? A. The establishment of the Office of Economic Opportunity B. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 C. The Medicare Act D. The Voting Rights Acts of 1965 4. During the Carter administration, Zbigniew Brzezinski A. tried to reverse the policy of détente. B. tried to get Carter to roll back taxes. C. rejected the adoption of the MX missiles to replace the older Minute Man missiles. D. was directly involved in continuing the SALT talks. 5. After Hitler came to power in 1933, he blamed Germany's defeat in World War I on A. Communists and Socialists. B. Jews and Gypsies. C. Communists and American imperialists. D. Jews and Communists. 6. John F. Kennedy replaced Eisenhower's concept of massive retaliation with a _______ response strategy. A. focused B. limited C. flexible D. massive The political purpose of the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 was to A. strengthen the Wagner Act. B. implement NSC-68. C. roll back the provisions of the Wagner Act. D. impose regulations on the steel industry Following on the successful activism of Cesar Chavez, Mexican American youths began to refer to themselves as A. Chicanos. B. Los Barrios. C. Mexicans. D. Los Hombres. 9. During the turbulence of the 1960s, black activism focused primarily on A. expanding economic opportunity. B. supporting the nonviolent strategies of Martin Luther King, Jr. C. expanding voting rights. D. stopping the Vietnam War. During the McCarthy era, which of the following was (were) executed for allegedly giving atomic secrets to the Soviet Union? A. Alger Hiss B. Klaus Fuchs C. Whittaker Chambers D. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg During World War II, the tide turned in favor of the United States at the Battle of A. Okinawa. B. Midway. C. the Coral Sea. D. Leyte Gulf. Which of the following is true of the Truman Doctrine? A. It amounted to an informal declaration of Cold War. B. It established the Marshall Plan. C. It created the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. D. It ended the policy of containment. Which of the following was Eisenhower's most significant legislative achievement? A. Increasing the minimum wage B. The extension of Social Security benefits C. The establishment of modern Republicanism D. The Highway Act of 1956 The majority of states that did not ratify the Equal Rights Amendment were located in the A. Northeast. B. West. C. Midwest. D. Southeast. 15. Reagan embraced the idea that through tax incentives the private sector would shift its resources from tax shelters to productive investment. This theory is referred to as A. deficit economics. B. supply-side economics. C. supply-and-demand economics. D. neofederalism. 16. In a free election in 1989, Lech Walesa came to power in A. Romania. B. East Germany. C. Hungary. D. Poland. 17. At the Yalta Conference of 1945, the military situation favored A. Roosevelt. B. Eisenhower. C. Churchill. D. Stalin. 19. Which of the following was true of Nixon's presidency? A. It oversaw the establishment of the Environmental Protection Agency. B. It resisted affirmative-action legislation. C. It shifted responsibility for welfare programs from the states to the federal government. D. It tried to overthrow Johnson's Great Society agenda. 18. TheXXXXXdecision in Bakke v. Regents of the University of California A. established the rights of students to appeal college admissions policies. B. ruled in favor of affirmative action within specified limits. C. established the "red state-blue state" divide. D. ruled against the principle of affirmative action. 20. Which of the following is true of President G. W. Bush? A. He accepted the United States' role in the International Criminal Court. B. He vowed to punish all countries sponsoring terrorism. C. He reluctantly endorsed the Kyoto Protocol. D. He rejected unilateralism.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

Kathy :

1 B. The resolution of the Suez crisis 2 A. through negotiations with the Vichy Government3 D. The Voting Rights Acts of 1965 4 D. was directly involved in continuing the SALT talks5 D. Jews and Communists. 6 C. flexible 7 D. impose regulations on the steel industry8 A. Chicanos 9 A. expanding economic opportunity10 D. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg11 B. Midway.12 B. It established the Marshall Plan.13 D. The Highway Act of 1956 14 D. Southeast 15 B. supply-side economics.16 D. Poland 17 D. Stalin.18 B. ruled in favor of affirmative action within specified limits.19 A. It oversaw the establishment of the Environmental Protection Agency20 B. He vowed to punish all countries sponsoring terrorism.

Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Below are your answers. I hope they help. Thanks

1 B. The resolution of the Suez crisis
2 A. through negotiations with the Vichy Government
3 D. The Voting Rights Acts of 1965
4 D. was directly involved in continuing the SALT talks
5 D. Jews and Communists.
6 C. flexible
7 D. impose regulations on the steel industry
8 A. Chicanos
9 A. expanding economic opportunity
10 D. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg
11 B. Midway.
12 B. It established the Marshall Plan.
13 D. The Highway Act of 1956
14 D. Southeast
15 B. supply-side economics.
16 D. Poland
17 D. Stalin.
18 B. ruled in favor of affirmative action within specified limits.
19 A. It oversaw the establishment of the Environmental Protection Agency
20 B. He vowed to punish all countries sponsoring terrorism.

Please click the accept button if you are satisfied with your answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Which of the following statements is true of the Gulf of Tonkin affair?

A. Congress was divided and only reluctantly passed the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution.
B. Johnson sought passage of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution in order to freely expand American involvement in Vietnam.
C. Johnson approved covert amphibious raids on North Vietnam.
D. The destroyer Maddox was sunk by North Vietnamese gunboats.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
BJohnson sought passage of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution in order to freely expand American involvement in Vietnam.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Which of the following statements is true regarding the Korean War?

A. Stalin was outraged by the North Korean attack on South Korea.
B. Stalin approved the North Korean attack in advance.
C. The Chinese armed and trained the North Korean army.
D. Both Stalin and Mao expected the American response to the invasion.

SORRY I WILL GIVE U A TIP
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Which of the following statements about Truman's Fair Deal is true?

A. It was Truman's response to the Soviet's Sputnik.
B. It was reluctantly passed by Congress.
C. It repealed the New Deal.
D. It called for national medical insurance.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Which of the following is true of the Supreme Court's decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka?

A. It established that all citizens should have access to public education.
B. It ruled that segregation should proceed with "all deliberate speed."
C. It declared that segregated schools were inherently separate and unequal.
D. It ruled that desegregation was a state issue, but that segregation was a federal issue.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
During the 1950s, the advent of _______ created the largest and fastest-growing impact on American society.

A. educational reform
B. fundamentalist religion.
C. suburban communities
D. television.

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
D. television.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When postwar expansion slowed in the 1950s, an economic stimulus was provided by

A. the baby boom.
B. Cold War spending.
C. increased consumer goods manufacturing.
D. the construction of Levitt Towns.

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
C. increased consumer goods manufacturing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

19. The majority of states that did not ratify the Equal Rights Amendment were located in the

A. West.
B. Southeast.
C. Midwest.
D. Northeast.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
B. Southeast
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
To establish the Intermediate Nuclear Forces Treaty, Reagan negotiated with

A. Khomeini.
B. Gorbachev.
C. Brzezinski.
D. Yeltsin.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
B. Gorbachev
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Which of the following was the primary cause of the Balkan Wars conducted during the Clinton administration?

A. The UN peacekeepers' inability to stem ethnic cleansing
B. The rise to power of Slobodan Milosevic in Serbia
C. Muslim activism in Bosnia
D. The breakup of the former state of Yugoslavia
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

10. Which of the following was Eisenhower's most significant legislative achievement?

A. Increasing the minimum wage
B. The extension of Social Security benefits
C. The establishment of modern Republicanism
D. The Highway Act of 1956
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
The Highway Act of 1956
Kathy, Teacher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A. the baby boom.
B. Cold War spending.
D. the construction of Levitt Towns. THIS IS THE LAST ONE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello again kathy can you please do this exam I will gladly pay you its an 8 paragraph eassay I would really appreciate it it can be on anythingits exam number 007868
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Was there an incomplete answer?
Please send me the requirements of the exam number 007868. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
007868 its an 8 paragraph essay
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
I just found the instructions. Could you please advise me when is your assignment due? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can you have it done by tonight
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately I cannot complete the assignment until tomorrow morning. Please let me know if this is okay for you. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes that will be fine please get back to me
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
I will complete on a timely manner. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you so much
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
no problem
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.