R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech
20870358

RRJHA In 2009, the imaginary nation of Dorados had a population

RRJHA

In 2009, the imaginary nation of Dorados had a population of 8,000 and real GDP of 3,000,000. During the year its real GDP grew by about 2.9%. Which of the following sets of growth rates is consistent with this growth in real GDP?

a. 7% population growth and 4% real GDP growth

b. 6% population growth and 2% real GDP growth

c. 4% population growth and 7% real GDP growth

d. 2% population growth and 6% real GDP growth

Last year the imaginary country of Bahkan had a population of 10,000, 6,000 people worked 8 hours a day and produced a real GDP of $30,000,000. The imaginary country of San Andreo had a population of 15,000, 8,000 people worked 7 hours a day and produced a real GDP of $33,000,000. Which of the following is correct?

a. Bahkan had the higher productivity and the higher real GDP per person.

b. San Andreo had the higher productivity and the higher real GDP per person.

c. Bahkan had the higher productivity while San Andreo had the higher real GDP per person.

d. San Andreo had the higher productivity while Bahkan had the higher real GDP per person.

In June 2009 the BLS reported an adult population of 234.9 million, unemployment of 12.4 million, and employment of 141.6 million. Based on these numbers the labor-force participation rate was

a. 141.6/234.9.

b. 141.6/154.

c. 154/234.9.

d. None of the above are correct.

In June 2009 the BLS reported a U.S. foreign-born population of 35.3 million. Of these, 22.7 million were employed and 1.4 million were unemployed. Based on these numbers what were the unemployment rate and the labor-force participation rate of the foreign-born U.S. population?

a. 1.4/35.3 and 22.7/35.3

b. 1.4/24.1 and 22.7/24.1

c. 1.4/35.3 and 24.1/35.3

d. None of the above are correct.

In 2009, based on concepts similar to those used to estimate U.S. employment figures, the Japanese adult non-institutionalized population was 110.272 million, the labor force was 65.362 million, and the number of people employed was 62.242 million. According to these numbers, the Japanese labor-force participation rate and unemployment rate were about

a. 59.3% and 4.8%.

b. 56.4% and 4.8%.

c. 56.4% and 2.8%.

d. 59.3% and 2.8%

In 2009, based on concepts similar to those used to estimate U.S. employment figures, the Swedish adult non-institutionalized population was 7.568 million, the labor force was 4.888 million, and the number of people employed was 4.486 million. According to these numbers, the Swedish labor-force participation rate and unemployment rate were about

a. 64.6% and 8.2%.

b. 59.3% and 8.2%.

c. 59.3% and 5.3%.

d. 64.6% and 5.3%
Category: Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech