Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

I have a few more question can you answer them for me. I will

Customer Question

I have a few more question can you answer them for me. I will give you a big bonus. I need them before 5:40am eastern time
Category: Homework
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 5 years ago.
You can go ahead and post few more.
I will try to answer them, if i can.
Bonus are always appreciated

P.S. Just FYI, i won't be to able to help you with any write ups or subjective questions.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I give you a $30 to $40 bonus

The basic goal of managing diversity is to:

A. treat all people the same.

B. increase the numbers of minorities in business.

C. enhance organizational cohesiveness.

D. understand and value employee differences.

Future trends in the labor force include a

A. smaller labor force

B. more experienced labor force

C. more homogenous labor force

D. younger labor force

26) The correspondence between actions and words that include characteristics such as honesty and credibility is known as

A. drive

B. self-confidence

C. knowledge of the business

D. integrity

27) Owners from two businesses have asked you which type of control system they should utilize. To help you make your decision, they have each provided a brief description of their organization. Alpha Omega, Inc., is a large corporation built in the 1950s. They produce chemical concentrates for industrial cleaning. Their organization uses a strict set of rules and regulations with their workforce. They have the ability to track a large amount of data using statistical techniques. Mid-Atlantic Health is a regional medical center. They want to use a control system that will allow them to tie pricing of services and profits to specific services in the medical center. The control systems that should be used in the scenarios above were developed by

A. William Ouchi

B. Xerox

C. Frederick Taylor

D. Motorola

28) Your manager is speaking to a group of employees about a problem in your department. Employees are not complying with the rules regarding clocking in and clocking out each day. The rules in this situation are very important as employees will not receive their correct pay if the clocking procedures are not followed. There are three suggestions being considered to address this problem.

1. Employees will be monitored at the entrance during shift changes to make sure that each complies with the procedure.
  2. Reports will be reviewed at the end of each pay period. The reports will contain data tracking the number of employees not complying with the procedures each shift. Employees violating the procedure will be counseled to correct the problem.
  3. A new procedure will be developed describing an easier procedure for employees to follow. Training will be conducted so that each employee knows the policy and the procedure before it is enacted.

Option 1 describes which approach to bureaucratic control?

A. Feedback

B. Concurrent

C. Feedforward

D. Market

29) Suppose you are interviewing the CEO of a large company. The CEO is telling you about his or her job as a manager and how he or she spends time. Using the description below, which function of management is the CEO most likely describing in this example?

"My job, for some part of each day, is to empower our employees to think of things in new and different ways, not just to come to work and complete the tasks on a list."

A. Organizing

B. Leading

C. Controlling

D. Decision making

30) Suppose you are interviewing the CEO of a large company. The CEO is telling you about his or her job as a manager and how he or she spends time. Using the description below, which function of management is the CEO most likely describing in this example?

"Every six months or so, my senior management team and I meet to discuss the goals that will be achieved over the next year, three years, and beyond. We then make sure we are clear on who will take responsibility to see that the appropriate actions are undertaken to achieve our goals within the time frame we set."

A. Planning

B. Organizing

C. Leading

D. Decision making

The internal analysis component of the strategic management process assesses the organization’s

A. performance levels

B. competitors

C. industry growth rate

D. product substitutions in the market

12) Your organization faces an ethical question. There has been a problem with your accounting process that has resulted in lower profits being reported than were actually earned. You are attending a meeting where senior management is deciding how to handle the situation. The people at the table have varying views of what action to take and why. John wants to report the error immediately because he believes that it is the right thing to do and that will keep them all out of jail. Bruce wants to report the error because it is the honest thing to do. After hearing his colleagues' opinions, Carlos says he wants to report the error as well because he believes the group is right. Carlos is using which ethical system for his decision making?

A. Universalism

B. Relativism

C. Utilitarianism

D. Virtue ethics

13) In the study by Lawrence and Lorsch, companies in complex, dynamic environments developed _____ levels of differentiation; and _____ levels of integration.

A. low; low

B. high; high

C. low; high

D. high; low

18) Sports International (SI) began business by making shoes for athletes. They soon expanded into making shoes for non-athletic purposes. They now manufacture and distribute clothing, sporting equipment, and protective sports gear worldwide. They are departmentalized by products sold to serious athletes, products sold to "weekend" athletes and products sold to sports teams. SI has utilized which form of departmentalization?

A. Geographic

B. Customer

C. Functional

D. Matrix

19) The trait known as leadership motivation suggests that great leaders

A. can motivate others to work hard

B. can motivate others to become leaders

C. can motivate others to join

D. want to lead

20) A leadership perspective that attempts to identify what effective leaders do and the behaviors they exhibit is referred to as the

A. behavioral approach

B. trait approach

C. transformational leadership

D. strategic approach

Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, i am having connectivity issues.

Though having a look at them, i think i can help with most of them, i think they are not that few. I would appreciate if you can post them as separate questions