Chelsea
Chelsea, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  5 years of experience in tutoring

Compare and contrast the legacies of cultural syncretism in

Customer Question

Compare and contrast the legacies of cultural syncretism in Africa and the Americas with the resistance to cultural change Westerners encountered in China and India.
The part I need answered is:

Had syncretism not occurred in the Americas, how might modern culture be different?
THIS HAS TO HAVE REFERENCES and CITATIONS
NO SIM SCORE ABOVE 15%
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.

Chelsea :

Hi, I can help you with that answer, but I see that this has passed the due date. Do you still need the question answered?

Customer: Yes please get it to me asap today thank you
Chelsea :

I will do, working on it now! However, I don't have the textbook that you have been using, but you can put a short quote or reference into my paper to meet that requirement.

Chelsea :

I just need to make sure that is OK with you.

Customer:

Yes, get this to me in the next few hours and I will only be deducted a small % for being late.

Chelsea :

OK, it is the only thing that I am working on so as soon as I can write it, you will have it.

Customer:

As long as the sim score is 15% or less. I have had sim scores in this class that was at 16 & 20 and received a D for just this reason and nothing more

Customer:

Thank You

Chelsea :

I have never had a problem with one of my papers, and will keep it in mind.

Chelsea :

Hi, you can find the answer to your question here: link

Chelsea :

Please let me know if there is anything more than I can do for you!

Chelsea, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: 5 years of experience in tutoring
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need help with a coupld more assignments. The first one HAS to be submitted by Tuesday October 25th. Can you do this? I has to be 4 to 5 paragraphs with no more than 15% sim score. Here it is:

• What are some of the philosophies that influenced Latin America? In what way did they impact the cultures of Latin America?
  • What contributions to society did folk and elite caudillos bring to Latin American society?
  • What impact did the encroachment of Europeans have upon the New World?

Here is the second one that HAS to be handed in Thursday October 27th. Here it is:

Library Research Assignment

Analyze and interpret the following quotation: "Worldwide, non-Western cultures faced fundamental challenges to their cultural identities-not so much a recentering of culture but a decentering of culture" (Sayre, 2010, p.419).

In the later nineteenth century and early twentieth century, what would a "decentering" of culture have meant for a given cultural group? Select from among the non-Western cultural groups noted in the text (Native American, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, or African) and research the impact of Western or European cultures on that group.

What was the selected non-Western culture like prior to the late nineteenth century? How did it change as a result of European expansion? How is this change representative of what Sayre calls a "decentering" of culture? Be sure to use specific examples and details.

Submit your findings in a 4-page (not including cover, abstract & reference pages) essay in APA format

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need help with the following questions that are due by Tuesday October 25th noon central time
Sim scores cannot be more than 15%. This professor gives failing grades for anything more than 15% on entire paper including the references.

Sayre Chapters 8 and 10 (Discovering the Humanities, Henry M. Sayre) 5-6 paragraphs with citation and references
I can copy and send the chapters if needed

Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I would be happy to help you with both of those, but I am wondering if you could re-post them as separate question threads? I generally prefer to keep questions separated. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I can post them separate. Here is the first one.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Library Research Assignment

Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
OK, thanks! I will try to have the one of the ones with the Tuesday deadline to you by the end of tomorrow. It may take longer than I think, in which case you will still hear from me tomorrow night. Then I will work on the second one, and have it to you before the deadline, hopefully by at least 5pm Tuesday. I would be happy to take care of the non-Western cultures paper as well, but I will have to wait until the other ones are done. Sound good?
Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me what this sim score ended up for the one essay that I wrote for you? I want to know how close I was to the cutoff when I am writing this one, since your instructor is so focused on that measure. Thanks!
Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
Can you send me a copy of the relevant texts for those questions? I started research and am having a bit of trouble finding enough sources. Sorry to keep sending you info requests tonight!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The sim score with the references on the last one was 14%. 5 % on the actual paper. So this was good.

I cannot seem to copy the text. I can attach it as an attachment but there is no area for me to to this here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you send me a link that I can attach a pdf file to so you can get both chapters?

Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
OK, have you ever used the website wikisend.com? What you can do is upload the PDFs and then send me the link to them. Let me know if you have a problem that way, and we'll figure out another way!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot get this to download into the wikisend.com and I am at work until 6 pm central time. I do not know what else I can do.

This may be a way to do this:

go to:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

sign in user name: xxxxxxxxxxx

password: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Then hit on the class link

HUMA215-1104A-03Topics in Cultural StudiesXXXXX XXXXXBEnter Classroom

Then on left of page go to Bookshelf then hit on the Discovering the Humanities Sayre Ed. 1 and you can view or download Chapter 8 and 10 for the assignment. If you have to log in to open the ebook. just use my user name and password. Remember to add the period between my first and last name on the user name.

Let me know if this works

Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
OK, that works and I have it. I am also going to have them freeze out your login information so no one else can use it. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX great. You may want to keep that information for any furthur on this class that I am going to need your help with.

I really appreciate your help and assistance.

I just have not been able to figure how to leave feedback for you. Because I definately would give you 5 star Excellance

Thank you again

LouAnn

Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it logged into my information for you! So question: I originally thought that there were three questions, but now I am only seeing two different ones. Am I going crazy, or are there just two?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Here are the THREE questions. I do not know what happened when I copied them, but the second time only two came up. You are not going crazy. My fault.

Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
OK, that's what I thought I just wanted to check. And there are two essays, right--the Latin America one you just posted and then non-Western civilization? Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, the second one is on the non-western civilization as follows:

Library Research Assignment

the first one only has to be the three questions in about 5 paragraphs-the second one is a 4 page essay without cover, abstract & ref. pages. So it would be about 7 pages total

Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
OK, got it. There is a brief "however" in here: however, would you be able to write the abstract for the paper? I have family coming into town on Thursday so I am getting a little bit stressed myself--if you can't, I'll understand, but it would help me out. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I can do the abstract for the second assignment. the first doesn't need one
Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
Awesome. Thank you so much! Here is the answer to your first question on Latin America. You can find it at this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?n8h9xzm9noviubk

I will start working on the second paper tomorrow and should have it done for you by Wednesday night. Will that work for you?
Chelsea, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Should I accept this part or wait until the next one is done?

It looks really good so far

Thank you

LouAnn

Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
If you want, you can go ahead and accept this part now. It will not affect my ability to respond to the next one. I'm really glad that you are happy with the response!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just wanted to let you know that the sim score for the assignment was 13% with the references. Zero % on actual paper, the entire e13% is on the references only.

Fantastic

Thank you

Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
That is awesome! Thanks for letting me know! I will have your paper to you by tomorrow night at the latest.
Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
Here is the answer to your question! Let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you!

http://www.mediafire.com/?h3w4rmy12ebrpwt
Chelsea, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You are awesome. Just wanted to let you know that the sim score on this paper was zero without the references. I have not ran it with the references yet.

Thank you so much.

I have two more assignments for you. Here is the next one due Tuesday November 1st:

Unit 5- Socio-Political and Economic Environment

Reading Assignment: Sayre, chapters 12-15

3-4 paragraphs

• 1. How can better understanding our collective cultural heritage and shared humanity across time and geographic place help us to be better stewards of a global future?
  • 2. What role or roles do you believe understanding cultural differences across time and throughout the world plays outside academia, if any?

Support your response with specific examples or details.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please let me know if you can do both these papers. Here is the second one due Friday November 4, 2011:

Unit 5-Socio-Political and Economic Environment

Artifacts of our own cultures surround us. From art and music to architecture and literature, from philosophy and religion to laws and economics, we live among cultural artifacts that have deep roots.

Select the single cultural artifact that you believe best represents the culture in which you live today. Present a detailed description of the artifact, and analyze in detail how the artifact relates to the values, beliefs of the culture. Investigate and evaluate the deep cultural roots of your artifact.

Also Include:

1. What historical roots allowed your artifact to come into being?

2. Which cultural periods might have influenced its eventual development?

3. How do you anticipate this artifact being passed to future generations?

4. What kinds of evolutions might it undergo as culture changes?

Craft an essay of 3-4 pages not including cover, abstract, and references pages that addresses these points from the perspective of someone trained in the Humanities.

Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
Well, I'm going to be traveling between now and the due date of the second one, but I should be able to get the first one done. Would it be OK for me to do the first, on cultural heritage, but not the cultural artifact question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was hoping to have you do both as soon as you can. If you could get them both done even before the due dates I would be willing to pay you an extra bonus. Would this be something you could do, since the first assignment is only 3 to 4 paragraphs?

I have been struggling with 10 hr workdays and my husband has been in intensive care for 2 weeks now and they still do not know what is wrong.

Please let me know if it is possible to get both these done ASAP before you do your traveling?

Thank You

LouAnn

Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
I do really love working with you, and I think that I should be able to schedule it in OK. I will get the first one done ASAP, and then I can go from there but I WILL get it to you by your deadline. I wish you good luck with what sounds like a pretty horrible situation!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much.
Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
I'm hoping to get you the smaller one tomorrow night. I think it should happen. Just wanted to let you know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chelsea, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
Would you be able to post the second question that I'm working on into a completely separate question? Apparently it is JustAnswer policy. You can then request me as you've been doing, and if you want you can also put my name at the top of the question. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I have done this. Please let me know that you have received it. I put your name on the top of the question but there was no where else to request a certain expert.

Thanks

LouAnn

Expert:  Chelsea replied 2 years ago.
Thank you!