BMW MD, Professor
Experience:  Currently teaching, excellent writer

HUMA205-1104A-08 Art Appreciation Assignment Name Unit 2

HUMA205-1104A-08 Art Appreciation
Assignment Name: Unit 2 Individual Project
Deliverable Length: 500 words (not including references)
Details: This assignment has three parts.
1. Visit the following Web sites and explore the collections of Ancient Art there:

•The Metropolitan Museum of Art
•The Louvre Museum
•The Smithsonian Institution Freer Gallery and Sackler Gallery
See the Course Materials List for access to these sites. From the gallery Web sites listed above, and available through the Course Materials List, select two works of art from any ancient culture.

2. Using the terminology and concepts you are learning for evaluating art, compare and contrast the two works including materials used, style, meaning, symbolism, and any other aesthetic issues.

What is the FORM of the work?

•Is it a two-dimensional or three-dimensional work of art?
•What materials are used?
•What techniques or processes are used to create the artwork?
•What colors are used?
•Describe the use of line, shape, texture, value, color, and balance.
Does the work of art have SUBJECT MATTER?

•If so, what is literally depicted?
What is the CONTENT?

•What does it mean or represent?
•What is the artist's message?
•Is symbolism used? If so, what is the meaning?
•What is the context of the artwork?
•What is the function of the artwork?
•What traditional role of the artist is exemplified?
3. Explain how the works of art fit into the context of the time period. Keep in mind that only artworks that fit into the period of Ancient Art (created between 30,000 BCE- 500 CE) will be accepted.

You are required to comply with APA style format for quotations, internal citations, and a reference list. For additional information and resources on APA, visit the APA section of the Library, available under "Library Features."
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 4 years ago.
Here it is! Thanks for the request! BMW
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not see it what is you talking about do you have the homework assignment.THANKS

Expert:  BMW MD replied 4 years ago.
I just meant I was wondering where the question was, and when you posted I said here it is! Got it? :) BMW
Expert:  BMW MD replied 4 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
BMW MD, Professor
Experience: Currently teaching, excellent writer