ResearchPro
ResearchPro, Tutor/College Instructor
Experience:  20+ Years Experience Tutoring/Teaching in Various Fields
12965337

Texas Standards for 6th grade mathematics!!

Customer Question

Purpose: Teachers have access to a plethora of lesson plans prepared by other teachers. It is important to understand how to select some of the excellent plans and modify them for Texas standards and for chosen grade level and subject area. Directions: 1. Search the Internet, and locate two lesson plans for 6th grade mathematics. 2. Read each plan carefully. Analyze for whom the plan is written, and the components of the plan. 3. Using the Lesson Plan template, modify the lessons to include Texas Standards (TEKS). 4. Make changes in any activities in the lesson plans that may not be appropriate for the chosen grade level, geographic location or local district standards. 5. Make changes to the plan to make it appropriate for a group diverse in culture, academic skills, learning skills, and behavioral skills. 6. Add a section on how you modified the original lesson.

Category: Homework
Expert:  ResearchPro replied 2 years ago.
I can do this for you tomorrow, but there is A LOT of work in making a lesson plan; I can do 1 for $20, or 2 for $35. Please advise. THANKS! Kelvin (researchpro)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need this by tonight (Monday, Oct. 10), midnight central time. I will gladly pay the $40 for two. Don't forget you are modifying esson plans not creating a new one from scratch. Then, you explain how you modified it.
OK, if you will lock me on the question I will finish them for you this afternoon!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have my business, thank you for getting it done today.
Sure not a problem, thanks for trusting me!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Around what time will you be posting the assignment so I can look out for it?
Been working on it today, should have it done shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok..thank you for the quick responses.
OK, there are two parts to this geometry lesson. I don't have the exact format you need, so tried to make it generic. In my experience, it is the content they are after, not as much the format. If you have questions, please ask. There are also sources, etc. for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?raza64genmw2g
ResearchPro, Tutor/College Instructor
Experience: 20+ Years Experience Tutoring/Teaching in Various Fields
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ummm, there is no lesson plan for a mathematics class.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there two different lesson plans or just two parts to one plan?
Two different parts in one overall subject. Subject is geometry, Plan 1 is the background (terms, etc.) Plan 2 is the game and spatial organization.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There still is no file for mathematics only reading/writing. It also specifically asked for two lesson plans not one. Will you please post the right assignment so I can see if I will be able to use it?

We must not be looking at the same issue, I can't cut and paste it here because there are tables, this is clearly two math lesson plans:

Topic: Mathematics, Grade 6
Concept: Geometric Shapes
Subject: Geometry – Exploring shapes using hands on manipulatives to make said shapes.
Grade: 6
Whole class, small group, or individual? Class & Group
State Standards: Texas State Standards 6 – Representing rational numbers in a variety of ways; 6.6 uses geometric vocabulary to describe angles, pllygons, and circles; identifying relationships and using geometry and measurement to identify locations in two dimensions (See: http://www.mathscore.com/math/standards/Texas/6th%20Grade/)
National Standard: Identify, compare, and analyze attributes of 2 and 3-dimmensional shapes and develop vocabulary to describe the attributes; develop definitions of shapes such as triangles and pyramids; investigate, describe and reason about the results of subdividing, combining, and transforming shapes.
Primary Objective: Students realize that lines, segments, rays, and points exist not only on paper but in the world around them. They will be able to identify, describe, and compare line segments, lines, rays and angles and use appropriate symbols; will communicate mathematical understanding in journals using words and/or pictures, numbers, and symbols; .
Classroom Diversity and Differentiated Instruction Adapted to learning issues based on pre-test; lesson is designed as culmination of unit on fractions and decimals. Differentiated instruction involves smaller groups, individual tutoring, and breaking problem down into steps prior to assigning. Advanced cognitive thinkers will receive a problem that requires more steps.

Materials/Equipment: Yarn (may use different colors); wipe board/dry erase marker; letters of the alphabet cut out of construction papers, small black dots cut out or pre-purchased.
Technology Integration
Creating symmetrical artwork based on 17 tiling groups; game called Kali; age relational (can become more complex for older children). http://www.geometrygames.org/Kali/index.html

There are reading components, because most lessons should have a multidisciplinary approach.

The best I can do is to have you be sure you are reading the right set of plans:
Plan 1

Vocabulary:
1. Ray - A line starting at a single point and going on forever in one direction.
2. Point - A fixed spot on a plane.
3. Line - A straight line going on forever in both directions.
4. Segment - A line with two endpoints.
5. Parallel - Two lines, line segments, or rays that are constantly equidistant apart from one another so that they never intersect.
6. Perpendicular - A line, line segment, or ray that touches or intersects another line, line segment, or ray at a 90 degree angle.
7. Intersecting - Two lines, line segments, or rays that touch or pass through one another at any angle.
Use flashcards to drill on vocabulary and concepts (note, in reality, more than one flashcard used with some horizontal, vertical, side-to-side, etc.). List for iillustrative purposes:

Plan 2

Part 2 Lesson: Each student sits near the web with a wipe board. Ask students to find (one at a time) rays, points, lines, segments, intersecting lines, parallel lines, and perpendicular lines. Students must re-draw each figure on their wipe board, label it correctly, and write the symbolic form. Students use the alphabet points that were placed at intersecting points on the web to label the lines, rays, etc. that they find. Then students write out the figures that they find using the correct form of mathematical labeling. [I also had my students write how they would say it out loud when naming it. Example: "Line AB or line segment AB is perpendicular to line segment CD."] Below is information on how students should label rays, lines, etc.
1. Ray - The endpoint letter first, then a second point with a line ending in an arrow over the two letters, pointing to the right.
2. Point - A dot and then the point's letter.
3. Line - Two points on the line with a line with arrows in both directions above the letters.
4. Segment - The two endpoint letters of the segment with a line, no arrows, above the two letters
5. Intersecting - (AB x BC) The AB and BC would have a line or a line with arrows above them to show what figures they were. The x stands for intersects.
6. Parallel - (AB // BC) The AB and BC would have a line or a line with arrows above them to show what figures they were. The // stands for parallel.
7. Perpendicular - (AB _|_ BC) The AB and BC would have a line or a line with arrows above them to show what figures they were. The _|_ means perpendicular.
After each item, students share and check their answers with each other. The teacher should walk around and be available for questions. When students are finished, conclude by discussing how these figures are found in everyday life. Have students respond to the following questions in their journals: “Today we have made a web of lines in our classroom. There are examples of lines, rays, line segments, and points everywhere in our everyday life. Brainstorm two or three examples of these figures around you. Did you notice them as being a point, line, segment, or ray before learning about them in geometry? Why or why not?"

There are worksheets included and the total number of pages is 6.5 plus sources.

Are you reading the right plan?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You are right, we are not looking at the same thing....the link you sent me on mediafire does not have an assignment for mathematics only reading and writing...try looking at the links and put the right on here so I can go download it. It is the link from mediafire that I am talking about. Cold War, Leadership_Roosevelt and constructing meaning strategies were the only options. I need the link for the assignment posted.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is now on the link..just downloaded it...give me a sec please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am missing half the assignment...since it is one lesson broken into parts, I will not get full credit as the instructions specifically asked for two lesson plans. What can we do about the payment?
http://www.mediafire.com/?dxmaeamtyac7h7a

try that:

just split them in two then, you should not be turning this in as is for academic credit anyway, but using it an putting it in your own words.

There are two lessons, I promise. But if you can't use it, then I apologize. here's another one on me that I use in my own class, you can just copy Texas standards:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n3w45fww4bwdcz6
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is what I will do...I will split them up and revise. When I get the grade we can see how well the plan did. If 100% credit than 100% payment, sound fair?
Do what you need to do, I think you can see that I put work into these, and we do not get paid if clients do not accept. you should have plenty of material with which to work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see that you did put work into the plan, however, I also see that it has been revised 3 different time since 2006. It was not completely done today, however, you did put work into it which will make a huge impact on my assignment. I will accept the work, just not sure of how much you gave me according to description. You will see payment soon.
OK, good luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Awesome job....teacher loved the work...will have more work for you soon!!!
Thanks for letting me knoe, appreciate the feedback!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you available to help me out today?

Hello! Depends on what you need? Please let me know and I will get right back to you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How are things going? You did an excellent job on the last one so that's why I am requesting you for this one. Here is the link: http://www.justanswer.com/homework/5p3f9-powerpoint-assessments-purposes-observe-relationship.html

It is due tonight by midnight central time.

I can do this for you right now if you get back with me asap: what subject and grade level, or do we use the previous plans for that info?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
6th grade mathematics...you are the best!!!
Uploading now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have one more assignment, but not as complex as the one you did earlier...you available for one last one...I would love to know how you are getting this done with so much ease.
I finished my MA in teaching last year, specializing in curriculum development. I also spent 6 months working with an 4/5 Highly Capable class in which the instructor let me just take the class, etc. So, after what seems like 1,001 assignments, it comes easier. Especially the assessment and theoretical part. What is the other assignment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have the instructions plus the guideline...each will be attachments..let me know. I can see that you are definitely good at what you do.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did you get the attachments?

No, see nothing on my end yet. I need to run to the store, I will check in about 30-45 minutes.

THANKS for trusting me!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Maybe this will work better....it should be a zipped file with two files inside.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6vncz5z09t4f6i6

I can help you, when is it due>?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tonight by midnight central time.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already accepted the initial assignment on this link, do I need to open a new question and have you post the answer to that question?
apparently you can accept more than once and have a thread as we did, or I can post it a new question, you decide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can put into another post so I can keep track of all the work you have done for me. You have done awesome...I definitely will recommend more people to you!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How much were you looking for this assignment?
Whatever you feel it was worth ;-) Let me know when posted. It took me about 50 minutes so you decide.
smaller question amounts and larger bonuses pay writers better, though.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tell me how much it says.