Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1. The starting point for all job design activities is determining

1. The starting point for all job design activities is determining the level of desired job: (Points: 5)
specialization.
rotation.
enlargement.
enrichment.

2. An assembly operation includes four different jobs. Bob spends three weeks on each of these jobs and then starts the cycle over again with the first job of the operation. This is an example of job: (Points: 5)
specialization.
rotation.
enlargement.
enrichment.

3. Which of the following alternatives to specialization gives individual workers more to do and keeps each worker on the same job all the time without giving more authority over and responsibility for the work? (Points: 5)
Job enlargement
Job rotation
Job enrichment
Work teams

4. According to the job characteristics approach, when task significance is high, workers: (Points: 5)
do many tasks as part of their job.
believe the task is important.
perform a complete portion of the total job.
have a lot of control over the tasks.

5. Dell Computer Corporation sells virtually the same personal computers through any one of its three divisions: Personal, Business, and Education. This represents which type of departmentalization? (Points: 5)
Functional
Product
Customer
Location

6. __________ is defined as clear and distinct lines of authority among all positions in an organization. (Points: 5)
Span of control
Job rotation
Job enrichment
Chain of command

7. A wide span of management results in: (Points: 5)
a flat organization.
many levels of management.
a narrow organization.
a tall organization.

8. An organization where power and control are kept at the top levels of management is: (Points: 5)
specialized.
centralized.
decentralized.
departmentalized.

9. The process of linking together the activities of the various parts of an organization to promote harmonious movement toward organizational goals is called: (Points: 5)
centralization.
specialization.
decentralization.
coordination.

10. Which of the following is characteristic of the U-form design? (Points: 5)
Low requirement for coordination across departments
Least effective for small organizations
Responsibility for coordination and integration delegated to lower levels of management
Departmentalization based on the kind of work being done

11. According to the Lewin model, the first step in change is called __________; in this step, individuals who will be affected by the impending change must be led to recognize why the impending change is necessary. (Points: 5)
unfreezing
refreezing
freezing
change itself

12. The manager's role as monitor is essential to which step in the comprehensive approach to change? (Points: 5)
Recognizing the need for change
Understanding how to implement change
Setting goals for change
Selecting a change technique

13. Studies of the organization change process found that participation: (Points: 5)
reduces the need for communication.
encourages employees to adopt differing perceptions.
increases productivity and cooperation.
increases productivity but has no effect on cooperation.

14. In most change situations there are factors that will make the job of change more difficult and others that seem to ease the change process. The process by which the manager identifies and then eliminates as many of the forces against change as possible is called: (Points: 5)
facilitation.
implementation.
force-field analysis.
participative development.

15. When organizational change involves planned alteration of the work processes or work activities the change primarily involves the area of: (Points: 5)
people.
technology and operations.
social responsibility.
strategy.

16. Reengineering is needed when an organization: (Points: 5)
experiences entropy.
is dominant in its market.
changes its technology rapidly.
wants to improve employee morale.

17. When organization development consultants observe the communication patterns and methods of cooperation and conflict resolution in an organization they are using the intervention technique called: (Points: 5)
technostructural activities.
process consultation.
team building.
coaching and counseling.

18. The first stage of the organizational innovation process is: (Points: 5)
growing.
applying.
launching.
developing.

19. When a large business attempts to revitalize its entrepreneurial spirit through the employment of creative individuals, this is called: (Points: 5)
intrapreneurship.
new venture formation.
creativity.
entrepreneurship.

20. A(n) __________ is usually a middle manager who learns about a new product or service idea and becomes committed to it. This manager helps the inventor overcome resistance to change and convinces others to take the innovation seriously. (Points: 5)
product champion
inventor
sponsor
venture capitalist
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)