Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Need help checking over my childs work 1. When youre setting

Customer Question

Need help checking over my childs work

1. When you’re setting up to type on the keyboard, you should
position your fingers over the
A. space bar. C. home keys.
B. numbers. D. Shift keys.

2. Which of the following is proper positioning when you’re
setting up to type on the keyboard?
A. Lean forward slightly.
B. Lean backward slightly.
C. Sit up straight.
D. Lean on a hardback chair.

3. When you’re typing the number zero (0), which finger from
the right hand should you use?
A. Your index finger C. Your middle finger
B. Your pinky finger D. Your ring finger

4. If you were typing a quote, you would include the ending quotation mark
A. after the period. C. before the comma.
B. before the period. D. after the semicolon.

5. Which sentence uses a comma correctly?
A. She wanted to be an astronaut, after finishing school.
B. He would like to order the steak, and fries.
C. Thank you for returning my call, Mary.
D. Jim grabbed a bottle of ketchup, to go with his fries.

6. Which of the following statements is a sentence fragment?
A. I need a job. C. It’s there.
B. You went home. D. Here is.

7. If you’re compiling a list of sources you used for your report in MLA style, your list of
sources is called a
A. bibliography. C. references list.
B. source list. D. works-cited list.

8. Which of the following is the best way to type a capital A in a sentence?
A. Press and hold down the Ctrl key with the right pinky finger and type A.
B. Press and hold down the Shift key with the right pinky finger and type A.
C. Press and hold down the Shift key with the left pinky finger and use your left
ring finger to type A.
D. Press the Caps Lock key and type A.

9. You’re putting together a memo and have additional material to staple to it. What word
should you type below the reference initials?
A. Attachment C. Extra
B. Enclosure D. More

10. You’re creating a table with borders all around the cells showing. Another word for this
type of table is
A. open. C. boxed.
B. closed. D. celled.

11. In a business report, what spacing should you use between lines?
A. 0.5 C. 1.5
B. 1.0 D. 2.0

12. A proofreaders’ marks of three lines added underneath a letter indicates that you
should
A. insert a space after the letter.
B. delete a space after the letter.
C. capitalize the letter.
D. lowercase the letter.

13. If you’re formatting a multipage business report, how should you number the first page
of the report?
A. You should center the number on the lower part of the page.
B. You should number the page in the upper-right corner.
C. You should number the page in the upper-left corner.
D. You should not number the first page.

14. You should format a list of sequential steps in a business report using
A. square bullets. C. a lettered outline.
B. circle bullets. D. a numbered list.

15. If you’re typing a letter using the standard-block style, what type of punctuation
should you use after the salutation?
A. A colon C. A comma
B. A semicolon D. A period

16. Which of the following should not be capitalized?
A. Names of the days of the week C. Names of holidays
B. Names of the months D. Names of seasons

17. If you’re quoting what a person said in a letter that you’re typing, what type of
punctuation should you include?
A. Single quotes C. Italics
B. Double quotes D. No punctuation

18. Although label choices vary for different printers, your textbook recommends
__________ for laser and ink jet printers.
A. Avery standard, 5160, Address
B. Avery standard, 6150, Label
C. Avery standard, 6150, Address
D. Avery standard, 5160, Label

19. Your boss asks you to type a memo reminding employees of the new timemanagement
system. How should you format the headings, such as “memo to”?
A. Lowercase, underlined C. Initial caps, bold
B. All caps, bold D. Initial caps, underlined

20. When typing personal titles in correspondence, you should always include the person’s
name if you know it. If you don’t know the person’s name, which of the following
should you use?
A. Sir or Ma’am C. Ladies and Gentlemen
B. To whom it may concern D. Mr. or Mrs.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

What is the number of this exam?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
01393201
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
May I ask the accuracy level? So far on my own research I have noticed that Number 3 is incorrect not sure how many others there are. Can you please re-check, thanks
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, #3 is 'D', that was a typo. Also on #18, I had to research that, and I believe 'A' is the best answer, but I don't have the text.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please allow me to submit the exam and depending on my score I will then accept, thank you very much for your help. I PROMISE to get back to you with the results.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
OK. One last re-check, on #19 the wording is confusing, but the answer should probably be C. Initial caps, bold.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been reading from late last night and now after work today. I am super tired and so frustrated this test means a lot and so afraid to submit it with wrong answers so I am researching through all these texts. How accurate do you think your corrected answers are?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
I'm as sure as I can be after researching/rechecking the answers. I would be confident submitting these answers if it were my own exam.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just submit the exam and received a 75, so disappointed.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
I just received your reply. I am very sorry that you didn't receive a higher, and surprised that five of the answers were wrong. Apparently, a few of these questions were very text-specific.