Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

1) The 12 science processes used in science experiments are

Customer Question

1) The 12 science processes used in science experiments are divided into two groups:a) The basic processes include:i) observingii) classifyingiii) communicatingiv) measuringv) predictingvi) inferringb) The integrated processes include:i) identifying and controlling variablesii) formulating and testing hypothesesiii) interpreting dataiv) defining operationallyv) experimentingvi) constructing models2) Create a chart listing each process, the definition of each process, and one example of a science activity for each, in which a teacher can engage the students. a) You will also need to include text explaining your table/chart: How do these processes support inquiry learning? What role does the teacher's attitude factor in the students' view of science?b) APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.3) One or more of the twelve science processes are embedded in science experiments/lessons. Select a completed science lesson plan available online that includes students interacting through group work or individual experiments.a) After reading the textbook and suggested Web sites, identify any of the 12 science processes you recognize within that written lesson. You will bold the recognized process within the lesson plan, and label the corresponding process. All 12 processes may not be evident in one lesson plan.b) Include the lesson plan that you have used for this assignment.4) APA format is not required, but solid writing skill in APA style and a title page are expected.5) This assignment uses a grading rubric that can be viewed at the assignment's drop box.6) Submit both parts of the assignment (the chart and the lesson plan) as one deliverable to the instructor by the end of Module 1.
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 5 years ago.
I may be able to help. Please respond with the due date, and the length. Thank you! I look forward to working with you! BMW
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The due date is this Saturday by midnight. There is no length of the paper.There is some websites that were in the lecture notes I'll try to copy and paste them if u need me to.
Expert:  BMW MD replied 5 years ago.
If you have those websites, that would be great! Thanks! BMW
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm sending them as soon as I get off work @ 3
Expert:  BMW MD replied 5 years ago.
Super! BMW
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What else do you need. Here are the web sites we were given. Please let me know something ASAP. The assignment is due tomorrow night.

Read chapters 1 and 2 in Teaching Science as Inquiry.

• Read "Introduction: Science Curriculum Materials That Support Student Learning: New Research That Addresses Continuing Challenges." by Marx, in Elementary School Journal (2008), located in the GCU e-Library at

• Read "Narrowing the Gulf between the Practices of Science and the Elementary School Science Classroom." by Metz, from Elementary School Journal (2008), Located in the GCU e-Library at

• Access Hotchalk's Lesson Plans Page.Com. (n.d.) web site and familiarize yourself with Science lesson plans, ideas, and activities at

• Access Science NetLinks. (n.d.) web site and familiarize yourself with Lesson index located at

• Access Teachnology. (n.d.) web site and familiarize yourself with Lesson plans: Science located at

• Access Teaching Science as Inquiry, Appendix A for teaching activities.

• Read and review "EED 364 Curriculum, Assessment, and Methods: Science and Mathematics Benchmark Assessment and Rubric" located within the Additional Resources folder in Canyon Connect.

• Expert:  BMW MD replied 5 years ago.
    Thanks for sending the links, but they all lead to files on your campus that I cannot access. I am going to opt out so another expert may help you. Good luck! BMW
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you. Can anyone please help me with this assignment?