Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1. A circuit contains a 10 F capacitor and a 30 F capacitor

1. A circuit contains a 10 µF capacitor and a 30 µF capacitor connected in parallel. What is the total capacitance of the circuit?
A. 7.5 µF
B. 20 µF
C. 40 µF
D. 47 µF

2. What is the time constant of a 2 mH inductor and a 200 resistor connected in series?
A. 10 msec
B. 1 msec
C. 10 µsec
D. 1 µsec

3. Which of the following dielectric materials has the highest dielectric constant?
A. Porcelain
B. Oil
C. Paraffined paper
D. Distilled water

4. What type of capacitor has great stability and is up to three times smaller than a standard electrolytic capacitor?
A. Tantalum
B. Paper
C. Mica
D. Ceramic

5. What is the time constant of a 0.05 µF capacitor connected in series with a 200 k resistor?
A. 1 s
B. 0.1 s
C. 0.01 s
D. 10 s

6. What is the total inductance of a circuit that contains two 10 µH inductors connected in parallel?
A. 5 µH
B. 8 µH
C. 15 µH
D. 20 µH

7. An inductor stores a charge
A. in the electric field between its plates.
B. as a magnetic field in its dielectric.
C. as a magnetic field surrounding the conductor.
D. in an insulating material in the circuit.

8. If an RC circuit is supplied with 24 VDC and the circuit is in its third time constant, how much voltage would be present across the capacitor?
A. 20.71 VDC
B. 22.77 VDC
C. 23.50 VDC
D. 22.80 VDC

9. What type of capacitor uses aluminum oxide as its dielectric?
A. Mica
B. Ceramic
C. Paper
D. Electrolytic

10. A circuit contains a 10 pF capacitor and a 50 pF capacitor connected in parallel. What is the total capacitance of this circuit?
A. 8.3 pF
B. 25 pF
C. 50 pF
D. 60 pF

11. A circuit contains a 20 µF capacitor and a 60 µF capacitor connected in series. What is the total capacitance of the circuit?
A. 12 µF
B. 15 µF
C. 30 µF
D. 80 µF

12. In an RC circuit, after which of the following time constants is a capacitor considered to be fully charged?
A. The first
B. The third
C. The fifth
D. The fourth

13. What is the typical insulation resistance for a mica capacitor?
A. 1 M
B. 10 K
C. 1,000 M
D. 10,000 µ

14. What type of meter is used to directly find the capacitance value of an unknown capacitor or to check the condition of a known capacitor?
A. LCR meter
B. VOM meter
C. Megohm meter
D. Oscilloscope

15. An RC circuit contains a 1,000 resistor and a 0.1 µF capacitor. What is the time constant of this circuit?
A. 0.01 s
B. 0.0001 s
C. 1 s
D. 0.1 s

16. An electronic circuit has a 60 mH inductor and a 30 mH inductor connected in parallel. What is the total inductance of the circuit?
A. 90 mH
B. 75 mH
C. 35 mH
D. 20 mH

17. Which of the following capacitor types has the lowest insulation resistance and therefore, the highest leakage current?
A. Mica
B. Ceramic
C. Electrolytic
D. Tantalum

18. Which of the following values is equal to one picofarad?
A. 1 × 10-3 F
B. 1 × 10-6 F
C. 1 × 10-10 F
D. 1 × 10-12 F

19. On an electrolytic or paper capacitor, what does the black band indicate?
A. That the capacitor's negative lead is near the band
B. That the capacitor has a value less than 10 mF
C. That the capacitor's voltage rating is less than 100 VDC
D. That the capacitor is color coded to military specifications

20. A mica capacitor has in order, the color codes red, orange, and yellow. What is the capacitance value of this capacitor in microfarads?
A. 0.23 µF
B. 2.3 µF
C. 23 µF
D. 230 µF

21. After the third time constant, what is the current in an inductor if the steady state circuit current is 10 amps?
A. 7.43 A
B. 8.60 A
C. 9.490 A
D. 10.00 A

22. What is the time constant of a 5 mH inductor and a 200 resistor connected in series?
A. 100 µs
B. 10 µs
C. 25 µs
D. 0.25 µs

23. What is the purpose of placing a large electrolytic capacitor in the output side of a power supply?
A. To rectify the AC current
B. To remove AC ripple from the DC output
C. To hold a charge after the supply is turned off
D. To prevent the DC from reversing polarity

24. An inductor can be placed in series with a motor to provide
A. braking for the motor.
B. heat reduction in the motor windings.
C. faster motor response to driver signals.
D. less current feedback to the driver.

25. What action should always be taken before working on a circuit with an electrolytic capacitor or another large capacitor?
A. Disconnect the bleeder resistor.
B. Place the VOM's leads directly to the capacitor.
C. Check the capacitor with an LCR meter.
D. Discharge the capacitor.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you! sir.. i had 4 wrong only
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome! Which four were incorrect?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
23, was b,1 was c,21 and 24 was c thanks again, and i do have 4 more!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. I'll have a look at the ones you have posted and see if I can helps with any of those.