GeologyTutor
GeologyTutor, Geologist
Experience:  Professional Geologist, Tutored many high school and college students. Sciences and Religion
10868375

I am studying convergent boundaries in South America. Would

I am studying convergent boundaries in South America.

Would you expect a pattern to the earthquakes that occur on the western side of South America, given the motion of the oceanic plate as it subducts, or sinks, beneath the continent? Describe the pattern in ocation and depth of the earthquakes.

Thanks

Ray Atkinson :

I know how the plate moves. I know about subduction and how it relates to earthquakes and volcanoes. I have found information about where the earthquakes have happened over the last 150 years, but cannot find anything about how deep they are. Let me know one way of the other if this information is enough. If it is, I will answer; if not, I will opt out.

Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience: Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
GeologyTutor, Geologist
Experience: Professional Geologist, Tutored many high school and college students. Sciences and Religion