Linda_us
Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)
19873544

For Linda Southworth Company uses a job-order costing

For Linda:

"Southworth Company uses a job-order costing system and applies manufacturing overhead cost to jobs on the basis of the
cost of direct materials used in production. Its predetermined overhead rate was based on a cost formula that estimated $248,000
of manufacturing overhead for an estimated allocation base of $155,000 direct material dollars. The following transactions took place
during the year(all purchases and services were acquired on account). "

a. Raw materials purchased, $142,000
b. Raw materials requisitioned fo use in production (all direct materials),$15,000
c. Utility bills incurred in the factory, $21,000
d. Costs for salaries and wages were incurred as follows:

Direct labor.................$216,000
Indirect labor...............$90,000
Selling and administrative....$145,000

e. Maintenance costs incurred in the factory, $15,000
f. Advertising cost incurred, $130,000
"g. Depreciation recorded for the year, $50,000 (90% relates to factory assets, and the remainder relates to selling and
administrative assets). "
h. Rental cost incurred on buildings, $90,000 (80% of the space is occupied by factory, and 20% is occupied by sales and administration
i. Miscellaneous selling and administrative costs incurred, $17,000
j. Manufacturing overhead cost was applied to jobs, $?
k. Cost of goods manufactured for the year, $590,000
l. Sales for the year (all on account) totaled $1,000,000. These goods cost $600,000 according to their job cost sheets

The balances in the inventory accounts at the beginning of the year were as follows:
Raw materials............$18,000
Work in process.........$24,000
Finished goods...........$35,000

Required:
"2. Post your entries to T-accounts. (Don't forget to enter the opening inventory balance above). Determine the ending balances in the
inventory account and in the Manufacturing Overhead account. "

3. Prepare a schedule of cost of goods manufactured.

"4. Prepare a journal entry to close any balance in the Manufacturing Overhead account to Cost of Goods Sold. Prepare
a schedule of cost of goods sold. "

5. Prepare an income statement for the year

"6. Job 218 was one of the many jobs started and completed during the year. The job required $3,600 in direct materials and 400 hours
of direct labor time at a rate of $11 per hour. If the job contained 500 units and the company billed at 75% above the unit product cost
on the job cost sheet, what price per unit would have been charged to the customer?"
Category: Homework
Expert:  Linda_us replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for requesting me. Whats your deadline for this question.

Regards

Linda
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
abut 1 hour
Expert:  Linda_us replied 3 years ago.
If you can extend your deadline I can help you or else I will opt out.

Regards

Linda
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sure, would one more hour be sufficient?
Expert:  Linda_us replied 3 years ago.
If I provide you solution by tomorrow morning. Will it work for you?

Regards

Linda
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes sure.
Expert:  Linda_us replied 3 years ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Linda_us replied 3 years ago.
Please check the figure in point b.

Raw materials requisitioned for use in production (all direct materials),$15,000

Amount is 150,000 or 15,000

Regards

Linda
Expert:  Linda_us replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Experience: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)