RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst

What advantages do you expect VoIP

Customer Question

Case Project 11-1 The staff at Scenic Rivers Social Services (SRSS), a government-sponsored organization that provides counseling, education, and career assistance to rural citizens countywide, recently learned about the advantages of using VoIP at a conference. They have asked you to consult with them on whether it would be appropriate to implement VoIP in their organization. Five staff members work in the central office, which is locate in the county seat and is connected to the Internet via a TI that's shared with the county government offices. Three other staff members work from their homes in three small towns, each at least 30 miles away from the county seat. Two of the home offices connect to the Internet using DSL, and the third home office connects using broadband cable service. Make a list of at least seven questions you would ask the SRSS's staff (for example, related to their business practices or current technology) to determine whether VoIP makes sense for them. What single factor might make or break SRSS's entry into VoIP? Some questions for SRSS to consider when evaluating a VoIP solution might include: • What advantages do you expect VoIP to bring to your organization? (Cost savings? Better efficiency? Higher quality or easier contact with clients?) • If you expect to reap cost savings by using VoIP, what are you currently paying for telephone services for all offices and workers and how does this compare to what it might cost to implement VoIP? • What is your current overall technology budget? • What equipment (servers, routers, switches) do you already have that could also support VoIP? • How much technical support will you need to implement VoIP (in other words, does anyone currently on staff have the skills to install, configure, and maintain the system)? • Do you expect workers to use VoIP only while at the office, or also while on the road? • If you cannot afford a proprietary VoIP solution, are you prepared to install an open-source system, such as Asterisk? For a social services agency, cost is usually the limiting factor in adopting any new program or technology, and so the key questions are any related to how much the organization can afford to purchase and support VoIP. Case Project 11-2 Luckily, SRSS just received a $20,000 grant that may be used for any type of technology that enables the organization to serve clients more thoroughly and promptly. With this money, what range of converged services could SRSS implement? Which of the services would benefit its clients the most? After doing some research, create a budget for the $20,000 grant that includes hard ware, software, consultation, and training. should research some of the most reliable, turnkey VoIP and Video-over-IP solutions available. Ease of use and management should be priorities when assessing systems, as should reliability and the capability for expansion. Students should be able to name every piece of hardware and software required for the system they choose. They should also obtain pricing (if necessary, requesting it from a vendor). Besides VoIP for SRSS staff, videoconferencing might be a good use of the grant money, which may cut travel time and costs and serve remote clients better.
Category: Homework
Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.

Toneemarie :

Hi I can assist with this question what is due date? thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to working with you, have a pleasant day o/

Customer:

to day

Customer:

5:59 p.m. Central Time

RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience: Business Analyst
Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.

Hi Customer, I can complete by 11 pm or sooner?

tm

Did not expect you to pay up front.

If not acceptable, will refund?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you for the help
Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.

Working on it now. There are a lot of question already included. Should I just focus on those for the seven questions required?

tm

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Questions that are in bullets are three to help or give guidance

Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.