atluriram
atluriram, Professor
Experience:  MASTER OF COMMERCE, BACHELOR OF LAWS, COMPANY SECRETARY QUALIFICATIONS
22289965

3.Jane works for Big Business, Inc., as a sales representative.

3.Jane works for Big Business, Inc., as a sales representative. The boss decides to fire her because she isn't a Mets fan. The boss can

A. not fire Jane if she agrees to become a Mets fan.
B. not fire Jane because of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
C. not fire Jane if here work was satisfactory.
D. fire Jane.

4.Shauna creates a Web site that sells shoes. Meagan chooses shoes, enters her credit card information, and purchases the shoes. She then receive an e-mail confirming the purchase. The Web site is programmed to perform these functions, and Shauna has no personal knowledge of the transaction. Shauna was on vacation at the time of the transaction and didn't personally approve it. She returns from vacation, checks the site, and discovers the transaction. Was a contract created?

A. Yes, because agency by necessity applies.
B. Yes, because the computer is an agent for Shauna.
C. No, because the computer isn't an agent for Shauna.
D. No, because Shauna never confirmed the purchase.

5.Eric has gradually been losing his eyesight, which has adversely affected his work. When the boss fires Eric, she tells him that she's letting him go because he can't see anymore. Eric's discharge is

A. wrongful because once hired, employees can't be discharged due to disability.
B. not wrongful because it didn't involve a hiring decision.
C. wrongful if the employer can make a reasonable accommodation for his disability.
D. not wrongful if he can't perform the job without reasonable accommodations by the employer.

6.Irene hires Mark to do work for her. In the course of performing that work, Mark causes injury to a third party. Which of the following statements is true?

A. Irene isn't liable for the injury whether Mark is an employee or an independent contractor.
B. Irene is liable for the injury whether Mark is an employee or an independent contractor.
C. If Mark is an employee, Irene is liable for the injury.
D. If Mark is an independent contractor, Irene is liable for the injury.

13.Phil receives a job offer from Big Tech, Inc., in a letter that states, "If you leave your current position and join us, we will employ you for the next five years as our company expands." Phil takes the job, and he is fired after six months even though his work was satisfactory. If Phil sues and wins, the most likely reason is

A. express contract.
B. the state's right-to-work law.
C. the employment at-will doctrine.
D. promissory estoppels.

14.Sandy works as a clerk in Big Department Store. After she finishes work one day, she heads out to her car in the parking lot to drive home. There, she sees Petra, someone she detests. Sandy and Petra argue, and Sandy punches Petra in the nose, causing an injury. Which of the following statements is true?

A. Only Big Department Store is liable for Petra's injury.
B. Both Sandy and Big Department Store are liable for Petra's injury.
C. Only Sandy is liable for Petra's injury.
D. Neither Sandy nor Big Department Store are liable for Petra's injury.

15.Carl, a little person with dwarfism, applies for a job. He is told he won't be hired because he is a little person. Carl sues, claiming discrimination under the Civil Rights Act. Which of the following statements is true?

A. Unless the employer can show that being of a certain height is a bona fide job qualification, Carl has a good claim.
B. Carl has a good claim.
C. Unless Carl can show that the height requirement has a disparate impact on short people, he has no claim.
D. Carl has no claim.
Category: Homework
Expert:  atluriram replied 3 years ago.

Sir/madam

I undertook the assignment and will submit the answer within 24 hours

with regards

atluri ramesh

Expert:  atluriram replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
atluriram, Professor
Experience: MASTER OF COMMERCE, BACHELOR OF LAWS, COMPANY SECRETARY QUALIFICATIONS