Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1. When citing an online resource, it is important to include

Customer Question

1. When citing an online resource, it is important to include this information, as well as the information provided in a standard citation.

a. Author’s name
b. Title of publication
c. Date downloaded or retrieved
d. Name of publisher

2.. When there are thousands of written materials floating in cyberspace, what is the most important criterion to consider when choosing sources of information for your research paper?

a. Relevant
b. Current
c. Famous author
d. Impressive Web site

3. Which charges a fee for access to read, research, or copy articles and other published materials?

a. Open search
b. Online research
c. Database research
d. Closed search

4. Which of the following is NOT a potential consequence of plagiarism?

a. Academic warning
b. Academic probation
c. Failing the course
d. Cancellation from program

5. Yahoo! is best known as a(n):

a. search engine.
b. directory.
c. operating system.
d. computer
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

1. c. Date downloaded or retrieved

2. a. Relevant

3. d. Closed search

4. a. Academic warning

5. b. directory.

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

URGENT HELP PLEASE

1. Which of the following statements about the service sector of the American economy is true?

Over the next two decades the service sector in the U.S. will decline in monetary importance.
The service sector accounts for fewer than 30 percent of all jobs in the U.S.
Spending in the service sector today captures almost 20 cents of every consumer dollar.
The service sector in the U.S. produces a balance-of-trade surplus annually.

2. Which of the following is the BEST example of a service product?

Your motel stay
Permission from the hotel to pay for your stay with a credit card
The toll-free number you call to check on your motel reservation
The delivery of your luggage to the motel room

3. Which of the following is the BEST example of a service?

Surgery to correct nearsightedness
The complementary newspaper left outside your hotel room door
A transcontinental airplane trip
Repairs made to your lawn mower

4. During Jack and Leah's first visit to the marriage counselor, Jack inspected all of the diplomas and certificates the counselor had prominently displayed on her wall. The most likely reason why the counselor displayed her diplomas and certificates was to:

comply with government regulation.
provide tangible evidence of her ability to perform the service required.
reduce the probability of fluctuating demand.
differentiate her counseling service from all other services.

5. The promotional element of the traditional marketing mix is more important for services than it is for goods because services are:

homogeneous.
inventoried.
intangible.
simultaneously demanded and supplied.

6. Services that are __________, and markets for these services, fluctuate by season, days, or time of day.

tangible
intangible
perishable
insufficient

7. Tangibles include ___________.

perishable goods
the physical evidence of the services
cyclical stability
demographic factors

8. Off-peak pricing:

is used to overcome problems associated with the homogeneity of services.
is a strategy used to deal with fluctuating demand for services.
creates time, place, and form utility.
is used to separate the service provider from the service.

9. If you were asked to distinguish between a service and a good, you could correctly say:

the customer is the end user for services, and the co-producer for goods.
collaboration between buyer and seller is highest for goods.
a greater number of brands of services are available than brands of goods.
the customer owns a good, but owns the memory of a service.

10. Which of the following statements about products and services is true?

Collaboration is higher between the buyer and seller of a product, than between the buyer and seller of a service.
The goal of producing a service is uniqueness; the goal of producing a product is uniformity.
Quality control activities for both services and products compare expectations to experience.
With both products and services, the consumer is the end user and not involved in the production process.

11. Which of the following is an example of a defensive strategic goal that might be used to explain why MTV developed MTV European, a pan-European cable and satellite system that transmits music-based programming across the continent?

To maximize its total sales revenues
To improve its overall market position
To increase its long-term growth and profit prospects
To preempt competitors' global moves

12. There is a small, but growing, market for golfing equipment in China. Which of the following is an example of a defensive strategic goal that can be used to explain why American manufacturers of golfing equipment like Wilson and Titleist are eager to export their products to the Chinese?

To improve overall market position
To increase long-term growth and profit prospects
To avoid being locked out of markets by arriving too late
To take advantage of economies of scale

13. ExxonMobile opened its first On the Run store in Chile. The store combines the familiar pumping islands out front, convenience stores, and separate food courts. The success of that store led to the opening of more than 300 On the Run stores worldwide. Which of the following is an example of an offensive strategic goal that can explain why ExxonMobil developed On the Run stores?

To take advantage of significant differences in operating costs between countries
To preempt competitors from opening similar stores

14. Which of the following is an example of an offensive strategic goal that might be used to explain why Eastman Kodak is eager to expand into new international markets?

To preempt its competitors' global moves
To compete with foreign companies on their own turf instead of in the United States
To take advantage of significant differences in operating costs in other countries

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work