Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)

21) Typically the ______________ and the marketing manager

Customer Question

21) Typically the ______________ and the marketing manager are responsible for building good distribution channels and implementing place policies.

A. public relations manager
B. sales manager
C. advertising manager
D. human resources manager

22) SGCA is having a sales contest to encourage retailers to quickly reduce the inventory of SuperGamer computers. Retailers with the highest sales during the next month win an expense paid trip to a special dealer meeting at a resort in Hawaii. This is

A. probably illegal because it might encourage price competition among retailers
B. an example of cooperative advertising
C. the type of promotion that continues to impact sales even after the promotion is over
D. an example of a manufacturer using trade sales promotion in the channel

23) Advertising allowances

A. are incentive monies given to firms further along in the channel to encourage them to advertise or otherwise promote the firm's products
B. involve intermediaries and producers sharing in the cost of ads
C. allow for coordination and integration of ad messages in the channel
D. set the allowance amount as a percent of the retailer's actual purchases

24) Price reductions given to channel members to encourage them to promote or otherwise promote a firm's products locally are

A. quantity discounts
B. brokerage allowances
C. push money allowances
D. advertising allowances

25) A producer using very aggressive promotion to get final consumers to ask intermediaries for a new product has

A. a pulling policy
B. a target marketing policy
C. a selective distribution policy
D. a pushing policy

26) Nantucket Hammocks, Inc., uses dealer incentives, discounts, and sales contests in order to encourage retailers to give special attention to selling its products. Nantucket Hammocks is using

A. exclusive distribution
B. a corporate channel system
C. dual distribution
D. pushing

27) Quality Ceramic, Inc., (QCI) defined five submarkets within its broad product-market. To obtain some economies of scale, QCI decided NOT to offer each of the submarkets a different marketing mix. Instead, it selected two submarkets whose needs are fairly similar, and is counting on promotion and minor product differences to make its one basic marketing mix appeal to both submarkets. QCI is using the

A. combined target market approach
B. single target market approach
C. multiple target market approach
D. mass marketing approach

28) When segmenting broad product-markets, cost considerations tend

A. to encourage managers to disregard the criterion that a product-market segment should be substantial
B. to lead to more aggregating
C. to be unimportant as long as the segmenting dimensions are operational
D. to lead to a large number of small, but very homogeneous, product-market segments

29) ______________ focuses on introducing new products to existing markets.

A. Market development
B. Product development
C. Diversification
D. Market penetration

30) When a company grows globally by introducing existing product lines to new markets, this is an example of what?

A. Market development
B. Product development
C. Diversification
D. Market penetration
Category: Homework
Expert:  Linda_us replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for requesting me. Whats your deadline for these?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have an immediate deadline. Im sorry I just want to check my answers before I submit my homework it seems like I was a little off with the last answers.
Expert:  Linda_us replied 5 years ago.
I will take 20-30 minutes to complete it. Let me know if you have that much time.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yeah thats ok, I dont have that much time. Im pretty much confident in what I have so far. The first part really helped thanks

Expert:  Linda_us replied 5 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.