Linda_us
Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)

1) Big Fizz Co., a manufacturer of cola-flavored drinks, wants

1) Big Fizz Co., a manufacturer of cola-flavored drinks, wants to add packaged fruit juices to its existing product line. Big Fizz must make some decisions regarding packaging and branding the fruit juices. These decisions would fall under which variable of the marketing mix?

A. Product
B. Place
C. Promotion
D. Price

2) Hewlett-Packard sells personal computers through specialty computer stores, electronics superstores, and its own Internet site. What is the marketing mix variable that is being considered here?

A. Price
B. Promotion
C. Product
D. Place

3) Marketing strategy planners should recognize that:

A. target markets should not be large and spread out
B. mass marketing is often very effective and desirable
C. large firms like General Electric, Target, and Procter & Gamble are too large to aim at clearly defined markets
D. target marketing is not limited to small market segments

4) Target marketing, in contrast to mass marketing,

A. is limited to small market segments
B. assumes that all customers are basically the same
C. ignores markets that are large and spread out
D. focuses on fairly homogeneous market segments

5) The process of naming broad product-markets and then dividing them in order to select target markets and develop suitable

A. market penetration
B. market segmentation
C. market development
D. market research

6) ______________ is the process of naming broad product-markets and then segmenting these broad product-markets in order to select target markets and develop suitable marketing mixes.

A. Market positioning
B. Market segmentation
C. Mass marketing
D. Diversification

7) Marketing research which seeks structured responses that can be summarized is called

A. focus group research
B. quantitative research
C. qualitative research
D. situation analysis research

8) One of the major disadvantages of the focus group interview approach is that

A. ideas generated by the group cannot be tested later with other research
B. it is difficult to measure the results objectively
C. it is difficult to get in-depth information about the research topic
D. there is no interviewer, so the research questions may not be answered

9) When focus group interviews are used in marketing,

A. each person in the group answers the same questionnaire, to focus the discussion
B. the typical group size is 15 to 20 typical consumers whether online or off-line
C. it is primarily as a follow-up to more quantitative research
D. the research conclusions will vary depending on who watches the interview whether online or off-line

10) Focus groups

A. are usually composed of 10 to 15 people as participants
B. yield results that are largely dependent on the viewpoint of the researcher
C. always do a good job of representing the broader target market
D. have a low cost per participant

11) A small manufacturing firm has just experienced a rapid drop in sales. The marketing manager thinks that he knows what the problem is and has been carefully analyzing secondary data to check his thinking. His next step should be to

A. conduct an experiment
B. develop a formal research project to gather primary data
C. conduct informal discussion with outsiders, including intermediaries, to see if he has correctly defined the problem
D. develop a hypothesis and predict the future behavior of sales

12) The marketing manager at Massimino & McCarthy, a chain of retail stores that sells men's clothing, is reviewing marketing research data to try to determine if changes in marketing strategy are needed. Which of the following sources of data would be a secondary data source?

A. Looking through the company's marketing information system to see past sales trends
B. Reviewing videotapes of a recent focus group
C. Making phone calls to some of the best customers to learn their interest in a new line of clothing
D. Spending time in stores observing customers' behavior

13) Which of the following statements about consumer products is true?

A. Convenience products are those that customers want to buy at the lowest possible price.
B. Shopping products are those products for which customers usually want to use routinized buying behavior.
C. Specialty products are those that customers usually are least willing to search for.
D. Unsought products are not shopped for at all.

14) The attitudes and behavior patterns of consumers making a purchasing decision are part of the

A. political environment
B. social and cultural environment
C. competitive environment
D. firm's resources and objectives

15) The observing method in marketing research

A. uses personal interviews
B. may require customers to change their normal shopping behavior
C. is used to gather data without consumers being influenced by the proce
Category: Homework
Expert:  Linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Hi JACUSTOMER

Welcome to JA

The question 15 looks incomplete. Please complete the question. Also let me know your deadline.

Regards

Linda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dont worry about question 15. I am almost hitting my deadline in the next 30 minutes. I have my answers I just don't know if they are right.
Expert:  Linda_us replied 2 years ago.
I am working on them. Will post the solution soon.

Regards

Linda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Linda_us replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Experience: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)