RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst

Toneemarie here is another question I posted it before I dont

Toneemarie here is another question I posted it before I don't know if you receive it.

Reading Assignment: August, R., Mayer, D., and Bixby, M., chap. 4
Assignment Type: Individual Project Deliverable Length: 4-5 Body Pages
Points Possible: 200 Due Date: 9/18/2011 11:59XXXXX

Antitrust laws were essentially created to stop businesses that got too large from blocking competition and abusing their power. Mergers and monopolies can limit the choices offered to consumers because smaller businesses are not usually able to compete. Although free and open competition ensures lower prices and new and better products, it has the potential to significantly limit market diversity.

Look at the 2 examples below of how mergers and acquisitions have affected the way in which companies do business.

Read each of the 2 examples below. Prepare a APA formatted research paper that responds to the aligned questions. Specifically, your paper must:

•Identify the two firms with similar problems from different countries
•Conduct a comparative analysis of the firms
•Analyze political, social, ethical and legal differences and their impact on management decision making
•Provide substantive conclusion and recommendations
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:

1.TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS
2.ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper…not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice.
3.BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
4.REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
Example 1

Federal antitrust enforcers are investigating whether a multinational pharmaceutical company has attempted to minimize the impact of generic competition to one of its most profitable prescription drugs. This anti-depressant drug is the company's best seller, with sales last year of $2.11 billion, representing a 22% increase from the year before.

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is conducting an investigation to determine whether the company has engaged in activities to prevent generic alternatives to the prescription drug from entering the market. Specifically, the FTC is challenging a practice among brand-name and generic-drug manufacturers to agree to delay the introduction of the lower priced generic drugs to the market.

Answer the following questions:
•Why would the drug maker want to stymie generic competition? Explain.
•What types of legal barriers to market entry exist?
•What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example?

Example 2

The boards of 2 major telecommunications companies recently agreed to a $16 billion-dollar merger that would create the world's largest telecommunications company in the world. Although some agree that the synergy between these companies could be dynamic, others feel consumers could ultimately pay the price for the merger depending on which company becomes dominant in the various service areas.

Answer the following questions:
•Why do you think consumer advocates have expressed concern over such merger possibilities?
•Other than pricing, what are some pitfalls that consumers might have to deal with when 2 major companies merge?
This assignment will be assessed using additional criteria provided here.
Please submit your assignment.

For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.

Unit Materials
Category: Homework
Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.

Toneemarie :

Hi PD, I will start researching. Yes I can work on this for 9/18Looking forward to working with you, have a pleasant day o/

Toneemarie :

9/18?

Customer:

thanks TM

Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience: Business Analyst