Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

What is the biggest cause of biodiversity loss in almost every

Customer Question

What is the biggest cause of biodiversity loss in almost every ecosystem, including prairies, forests, wetlands, and estuaries? (Points : 1)
Rising temperatures
Destruction of habitat
Dependence on salt water
Global decline in amphibian populations

2. In which of the following countries have groundwater aquifers been severely overpumped? (Points : 1)
Brazil
India
Canada
Portugal

3. What might explain a scenario in which the Earth’s mean temperature was below freezing and surface water was scarce? (Points : 1)
Excess atmospheric water was present.
Greenhouse gases were absent.
Heat was being trapped in the atmosphere.
Solar energy had evaporated all the methane.

4. The group Friends of the Earth Middle East plans to restore the depleted Jordan River using all of the following measures except (Points : 1)
paying large subsidies to agricultural water users.
training river communities to conserve water.
persuading national leaders to adopt conservation programs.
educating people about the value of the Jordan and its wetlands.

5. The “supply-side” approach to water conservation emphasizes water-saving techniques and reducing demand. (Points : 1)
True
False

6. The formation of mineral deposits is determined by which two cycles? (Points : 1)
The tectonic cycle and the lunar cycle
The rock cycle and the hydrologic cycle
The tectonic cycle and the hydrologic cycle
The rock cycle and the tectonic cycle

7. What does it mean that the death multiplier for cetaceans in the Gulf oil spill is said to be around 50? (Points : 1)
The number of cetaceans dead from the oil spill is around 50.
The number of cetaceans found dead multiplied by 50 gives an estimate of the number of actual deaths.
The number of cetaceans eventually dying from effects of the oil spill will continue for around 50 years.
The recovery rate of cetaceans injured by the oil spill is about 50 animals per every one found dead.

8. Mineral deposits are considered renewable because they are constantly created by geologic processes. (Points : 1)
True
False

9. According to Christopher Flavin, oil production in the continental U.S. peaked 35 years ago. (Points : 1)
True
False

10. Hydraulic fracturing might pose a threat to the drinking water supply. (Points : 1)
True
False
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters