Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1.Which of the following is NOT an accurate statement about

1.Which of the following is NOT an accurate statement about the Utilitarian ethical theory?
a. It determines the moral worth of an action based on the form of the action
b. It may allow the personal interests of individuals to be sacrificed so that the collective good be attained
c. It is usually regarded as a consequentialist ethical theory
d. It determines the moral worth of an action by whether the action achieves the greatest overall balance of satisfaction over dissatisfaction.
2-The Roman philosopher Ovid's famous statement, "The middle road is the safest," most closely resembles the ethics of what moral philosopher?
a. Kant
b. Rousseau
c. Aristotle
d. Hobbes
3.Utilitarianism can best be characterized by:
a. The consultation of an outside source, such as a person or a book, for guidance.
b. The belief that a person must decide what course of action is proper based on that person's own set of beliefs and feelings.
c. Determining which course of action produces the greatest amount of good for society.
d. A set of universal rules based on reasoning that must be applied in all situations and characterized by reversibility.

4.A satisfactory approach to moral business decision-making would encompass:
a. Doing well for the company as per Ethical Egoism.
b. Acting morally for the "greater good" as per Utilitarianism.
c. Achieving this "greater good" without demeaning or disrespecting anyone as per d.Kantian ethics.

5-Which of the following statements is most accurate?
a. Morals are legal minimums.
b. Morals are legal maximums.
c. Laws are moral minimums.
d. Laws are moral maximums.

6.Which of the following statements is true?
a. Ethics focuses on the way in which ethical principles apply in making moral determinations in life.
b. Ethics is not concerned with the way moral rules are derived.
c. The immoral conduct of corporate management is not likely to affect the behavior of lower level employees.
d. Ethical codes of conduct cannot help to set the ethical tone of a firm.

7.Which of the following will the executives of Mink, Inc, a fur sale company, likely take into account in carrying out their business?
a. Adverse publicity and threat of boycotts
b. Legal restrictions on the production and sale of animal fur products
c. Societal norms as to the morality of selling fur products
d. All of the above
8-the German philosopher Immanuel Kant condemned Utilitarianism as an immoral ethical theory mainly because:
a. It does not sufficiently take into account stakeholder interests.
b. It can morally legitimize pain and suffering and infringement of rights so long as the greater good is achieved.
c. It is not sufficiently democratic.
d. It is not as scientific and mathematical as the Utilitarians said.

9-When it comes to doing traditionally and conventionally "bad" actions in business, such as deceiving and misleading, Machiavelli would likely say:
a. Do not do them since they are probably illegal.
b. Do not do them since people may condemn them as immoral acts.
c. Do them only if absolutely necessary and do them in a smart, clever, and crafty way.
d. Do not do them since they are regarded as wrong and transgressions by religions.

10.The Principle of Last Resort holds that:
a. One has a legal duty to rescue a person in need
b. One may have a moral duty to rescue a person in need
c. If one is the last real chance to rescue a person in need, one is always acting immorally by failing to rescue
d. The law will always immunize a person from a negligent but good faith rescue attempt.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)