Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

help with 10 law questions ASAP please. http //www.medi

Customer Question

help with 10 law questions ASAP please.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qgkj5lo86ro7k0k
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

1. no actions are inherently right or wrong.

2. utilitarian

3. consequentialist ethical systems.

4. is the notion that every person should act on only those principles that he or she, as a rational person, would prescribe as universal laws to be applied to the whole of humankind.
5. consider relationships and the needs of others in making decisions.

6. Wal-Mart

7. It curbed "soft money" donations in an effort to prevent those situations where single sources often supplied hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

8. often serves to educate politicians about various issues.

9. National boundaries are increasing in importance.

10. financial instability is inevitable.

Hope this helps

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you available to help now ?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
Please post the question and due date and I'll see if I can assist you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its similar to the last assignement you help me with only 10 multiple choice questions.

The thing is that its timed with a 2 hour limit. Are you available tonight 10 PM Eastern tonight to send it to you? or give me a time after 5pm and ill send it to you.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
Yes, 10 PM Eastern will be fine. I'll see you then!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Great! thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hello, are you around now?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I'm here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok great ill send you the questions now.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Okay, I'm waiting.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
http://www.mediafire.com/?768sne9n96we01c 1hour and :50 min time limit
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Answers are as follows:

1. Uniform Commercial Code

2. unenforceable

3. the legality of the offer

4. covers cars, clothing, and appliances.

5. express, bilateral contract.

6. valid

7. option contract

8. Duress

9. creditor beneficiary

10. is the situation in which enjoyment of one's land is impaired because of some tortious interference.

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello,

Are you available today to help with some questions?

Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
What are your questions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
10 multiple choice questions with time limit of 1 hour and 50 min. Can you please find some time today ?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

Yes, I can do these now if they are similar to the questions you have posted earlier. Do you have a link to the questions?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok ill send it in 5 minutes

please reply back so I can send it.

Thank you so much ~!!!!

Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
Okay, I'll be waiting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here it is

1 hour and 50 min

than you so much !

http://www.mediafire.com/?o96vfdwvah7mw93

Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Answers are as follows:

1. respondeat superior.

2. The Occupational Safety and Health Act

3. provides a form of no-fault protection in the workplace.

4. The Supreme Court has upheld such testing for public-sector employees where public safety is involved.

5. The 14th Amendment

6. protects recovering drug addicts and those erroneously believed to be drug users.
7. Assuming a prima facie case is established, the plaintiff/employee wins unless the defendant/employer demonstrates that the employment practice/policy is job related and consistent with business necessity.

8. refusal of other workers to work with a person from a different race.

9. Jones is an antique dealer and tells Smith that a chair she is buying was made in the 1800s. Actually, it was made in 1993 by an excellent reproduction firm that Jones often uses for special projects.

10. When the clause or contract in question is so unfair as to violate societal values

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much!!!!

How about this ... can you help with this essay giving you analytical input? just 600 words anytime today .

http://www.mediafire.com/?14gt789tl4bf6q2

Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the request.

I apologize, but I won't be able to assist with this assignment. I see you have it posted in the in the Writing sub-category of Homework. Good luck on this assignment!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you available to help now with 10 multiple choice questions?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

Please post your questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok its has a 1 hour and 45 time limit
sending in 5 minutes

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
http://www.mediafire.com/?z1fa85xsicj62s3

Thank you!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, all the questions weren't upload. The quiz is cut short at question #4, with only one choice showing for that question..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
please try this link
http://www.mediafire.com/?s4dscb4jk3zthwu
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did it work ?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Still cut off at question #4.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. (TCO 6) Which of the following statements about corporations is true? (Points : 2)
Only after the articles of incorporation are filed does the corporation come into existence.
The owners of a corporation are called the board of directors.
The corporation should make modest filings monthly with the state to keep its records up-to-date, usually accompanied by a small fee.
The cost of corporations' accounting systems generally reflects the decision to operate in corporate form, not their scale of operation.

2. (TCO 6) The doctrine that makes the employer liable for an employee's acts is: (Points : 2)
respondeat superior.
res ipsa loquitur.
stare decisis.
caveat emptor.

3. (TCO 6) What is the greatest advantage of the partnership form? (Points : 2)
A proven product or service, turn-key implementation, and access to support
Limited liability, indefinite life, freely transferable interests, and centralized management
The partners are not personally liable for the partnership's obligations should it default.
The extraordinary range of economic relationships that can be crafted

4. (TCO 6) Limited partnerships: (Points : 2)
are not subject to double taxation.

are easier to form than general partnerships.
encourage the limited partners to make management decisions.
make it difficult to transfer ownership of the shares.

5. (TCO 6) Which of the following statements about the Securities Act of 1933 is false? (Points : 2)
It guarantees the economic merits of any investment opportunity.
It seeks to ensure full disclosure of all material facts about the investment opportunity to offerees before they invest.
It seeks to eliminate fraudulent conduct in the markets.
It forbids any interstate offering of a new security until a registration statement has been filed with and approved by the SEC.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

6. (TCO 8) The only defense offered by Section 18 of the 1934 act is: (Points : 2)
due diligence.
reliance by the plaintiff on the false or misleading statements is presumed.
the defendant acted in good faith, without knowledge of the false nature of the statement.
a director may rely on information and advice given by a professional expert.

7. (TCO 8) Which of the following statements about tender offers is false? (Points : 2)
The offeror announces that it wishes to acquire a specific number of shares.
It identifies where stockholders who want to participate must deliver their shares.
It specifies the opening bid price.
If less than the desired number of shares is tendered, the tender offeror can decrease the offering price.

8. (TCO 8) The purchase of a share of _____ makes that shareholder an owner of the company. (Points : 2)
insurance.
revenue.
bond.
stock.

9. (TCO 8) In general, courts and/or creditors cannot reach a shareholder's _____ assets to satisfy corporate obligations. (Points : 2)
intangible
tangible
personal
public

10. (TCO 8) In a limited liability company, the _____ are referred to as interest holders. (Points : 2)
vendors
competitors
owners
employees

Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
Okay, got it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Here are the other 5

due diligence.

It specifies the opening bid price.

insurance.
revenue.
bond.
stock.

intangible
tangible
personal
public

vendors
competitors
owners
employees
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi,
Can you send me what you have its timed thank you!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Answers are as follows:

1. Only after the articles of incorporation are filed does the corporation come into existence.

2. respondeat superior.

3. The extraordinary range of economic relationships that can be crafted

4. are not subject to double taxation

5. It guarantees the economic merits of any investment opportunity.

6. the defendant acted in good faith, without knowledge of the false nature of the statement.

7. If less than the desired number of shares is tendered, the tender offeror can decrease the offering price.

8. stock.

9. personal

10. owners

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, are you available or later on to help me with some questions?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
I can help at 7:00 Central, if that is OK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok 7:00 central then thats 8:Eastern

Ok I'll send you a message before doing it.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Okay, talk to you then.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I send it now ?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I'm ready.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. (TCO 8) Section 1 of the Sherman Antitrust Act forbids: (Points : 2)
monopolization.
restraints of trade.
attempts to control.
conspiracies to monopolize.

2. (TCO 8) The Federal Trade Commission's primary enforcement device is: (Points : 2)
arbitration.
imposing civil fines.
imposing criminal penalties.
the cease-and-desist order.

3. (TCO 8) Which of the following statements about Section 1 of the Sherman Antitrust Act is true? (Points : 2)
Every contract, combination in the form of trust or otherwise, or conspiracy, in restraint of trade or commerce, among the several states, or with foreign nations, is hereby declared to be illegal.
Every person who monopolizes, or attempts to monopolize, or conspires with any other person, to monopolize any part of the trade among the several states shall be deemed guilty of a felony, and, on conviction thereof.
Whenever it shall appear to the court before which any proceeding may be imminent, that the ends of justice require that other parties be brought before the court, the court may cause them to be summoned.
The district courts of the United States are authorized with jurisdiction to restrain violations of this title; and it shall be the duty of several U.S. attorneys to start proceedings in equity to restrain such violations.

4. (TCO 8) Horizontal restraints: (Points : 2)
involve two or more members of a supply chain.
sometimes are harmful and sometimes are beneficial to competition.
are divided into price and nonprice categories.
eliminate competition, thereby undermining the power of the market.

5. (TCO 8) Under the Supreme Court's 1919 Colgate decision: (Points : 2)
agreements specifying minimum resale prices must be considered on a case-by-case basis, weighing their pro- and anticompetitive effects.
agreements specifying maximum resale prices would no longer be considered per se violations and must be evaluated under the rule of reason.
agreements specifying minimum resale prices must also be analyzed under the rule of reason; that is, those agreements are no longer per se violations of the law.
sellers could lawfully engage in resale price maintenance if they did nothing more than announce prices at which their products were to be resold and unilaterally refuse to deal with anyone who did not adhere to those prices.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
6. (TCO 11) From an economic viewpoint, a(n) _____ is a situation in which one firm holds the power to control prices and/or exclude competition in a particular market. (Points : 2)
monopsony
oligopoly
monopoly
cartel

7. (TCO 11) From an economic perspective, the geographic market is defined by: (Points : 2)
interchangeability.
elasticity.
structure.
conduct.

8. (TCO 11) Which act forbids attempts to monopolize as well as monopoly itself? (Points : 2)
The Sherman Act
The Hart-Scott-Rodino Act
The Robinson-Patman Act
The FTC Act

9. (TCO 11) Which of the following acts offers the primary legislative oversight: "That no person engaged in commerce shall acquire the whole or any part of the stock or the assets of another person engaged also in commerce where the effect of such acquisition may be substantially to lessen competition, or to tend to create a monopoly?" (Points : 2)
The Sherman Act
The FTC Act
The Clayton Act
The Robinson-Patman Act

10. (TCO 11) The ability of a seller "profitably to maintain prices above competitive levels for a significant period of time" is called: (Points : 2)
market share.
perfect competition.
market power.
price-taking behavior.

that it only 10 questions its timed with 1 hour and 45 min
Thanks!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Answers are as follows:

1. restraints of trade.

2. the cease-and-desist order.

3. Every contract, combination in the form of trust or otherwise, or conspiracy, in restraint of trade or commerce, among the several states, or with foreign nations, is hereby declared to be illegal.

4. eliminate competition, thereby undermining the power of the market.

5. agreements specifying maximum resale prices would no longer be considered per se violations and must be evaluated under the rule of reason.

6. monopoly

7. structure.

8. The Sherman Act

9. The Clayton Act

10. market power.

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello erik987,

I was attempting to edit #5 just when you "accepted." Answer should be: sellers could lawfully engage in resale price maintenance if they did nothing more than announce prices at which their products were to be resold and unilaterally refuse to deal with anyone who did not adhere to those prices.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes 3 Answers were wrong but it's ok thanks for all your help!!!!!!
:)
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the "accept," but sorry I didn't catch that mistake before you submitted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when are you free to help with some questions?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I can help with this anytime after 5:00 PM Central.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thats 6PM Eastern

I'll send you another message around that time.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Okay, I'll be waiting for your message!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you around?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I send it now?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I'm ready. Just had to reply to another customer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. (TCO 9) According to the text, which of the following issues are important in analyzing and understanding environmental issues? (
Politics, causation (as opposed to correlation), and impact on future generations
Who will pay for any cleanup, popular vote, and impact on future generations
Politics, proving causation, and size of the federal budget
Popular vote, consistency of approach with other countries, and cost-benefit analyses

2. (TCO 9) Which of the following statements is incorrect with regard to the preparation of environmental impact statements (EIS)? (
NEPA specifies when an EIS is to be prepared.
An EIS must describe reasonable alternatives to the proposed project or action.
An EIS must be prepared for all major federal actions that significantly affect the environment.
An EIS need not be prepared for private actions involving federal funding.

3. (TCO 9) Under the Clean Water Act: (
the federal government has primary responsibility for enforcement.
goals are to be achieved primarily by restricting the pollution from point sources.
permit holders are not allowed to monitor their own compliance with permitting standards.
the main focus is nonpoint pollutants.

4. (TCO 9) A recent report has found that the most potent predictor of where environmental and industrial risk facilities are sited is: (
race.
income.
technology.
employment status.

5. (TCO 9) Less contaminated former industrial and commercial sites that are not on the Superfund priority list are called:
landfills.
runoffs.
brownfields.
greenfields.

6. (TCO 9) Regarding environmental regulation issues, which of the following is true? (
Business is by far the major contributor to the environmental pollution we face today in the U.S.
The government has recently been more willing to charge corporate officers with criminal violations of environmental laws.
The costs of pollution are usually borne by the polluter.
It is impossible to have economic growth while preserving the environment.

7. (TCO 9) The floor of the Gulf of _____ has an area approaching the size of Massachusetts that is effectively dead due to pollution. (
Florida
Texas
California
Mexico

8. (TCO 9) The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980 is commonly known as _____. (
Head Start
Superfund
Medicare
Welfare

9. (TCO 9) _____ cannot be legally discharged from a point source into a navigable stream without permission from the Environmental Protection Agency.
Waste
Water
Irrigation
Sediment

10. (TCO 9) Most measures of U.S. _____ quality have been showing improvement over the last few years. (
air
wind
sand
dirt
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello , do you have time today for some questions?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can post them right now if you like.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im sorry I had the days mixed up its next week. I'll send you another message by then. Thanks
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

That's fine. Also, if you would, please start new thread; this one has become so long that it is slow to load. You can post a message the day before, and begin it with "For Chris M."

Thanks