Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

1) Planning involves which of the following A. Analyzing

Customer Question

1) Planning involves which of the following? A. Analyzing current situations B. Determining rewards for goals achievement C. Motivating employees D. Implementing necessary changes 2) _______ is specifying the goals to be achieved and deciding in advance the appropriate actions needed to achieve those goals. A. Staffing B. Leading C. Organizing D. Planning 3) Advances in genetic engineering and biotechnology are expected to produce some food products that will become available year-round even in northern climates. These changes will provide grocers with an opportunity to reduce their shipping costs while at the same time, offering fresher produce to their customers. These advances are an example of changes in the A. technological environment B. economic environment C. political environment D. ecological environment 4) _________ trends regarding how people think and behave have major implications for management of the labor force, corporate social actions, and strategic decisions about products and markets. A. Psychological B. Economic C. Technological D. Societal 5) Which of the following is a step in the decision-making process? A. Generating an idea B. Good business planning C. Evaluating the decision D. Delegating a task 6) Which is a step in the decision-making process? A. Resolving and reducing conflict B. Making the choice C. Using the lack of structure D. Delegating a task 7) The targets or ends the manager wants to reach are called A. goals B. missions C. visions D. strategies 8) In the _______________ stage of the planning process, managers should weigh the advantages, disadvantages, and potential effects of each alternative goal and plan. A. goal and plan evaluation B. goal and plan selection C. implementation D. alternate goals and plans 9) Tactical planning would include which of the following? A. Profit goals B. Design, test, and install the equipment needed to produce a new product line C. Human resources requirements D. Return on investment 10) The internal analysis component of the strategic management process assesses the organization’s A. performance levels B. competitors C. industry growth rate D. product substitutions in the market 11) Eagle Manufacturing, Inc., is in the middle of its first day of the senior management retreat. The topic on the agenda is corporate social responsibility (CSR). Most of the group has seen this brought up before and then shot down because it generally costs Eagle's shareholders in the form of a lower stock price. But the new VP of Ethics, Gloria Wright, is about to explain why she believes CSR will actually benefit the shareholders and Eagle management alike. Her team begins the presentation with a discussion of CSR—its current definition and reconciliation of past views. Jeremiah then discusses the importance of being a good global corporate citizen by supporting the local school system. Ellen takes the floor to make the case for doing what is expected by global stakeholders even though there are no laws requiring those actions. Finally Gloria wraps the discussion up with why Eagle should take legal and economic responsibility for the firm's performance. To Gloria's team's credit, senior management does appear to buy into the pyramid of global corporate social responsibility and performance that her team just presented. Ellen's presentation most likely focused on the __________ responsibility of the firm. A. economic B. legal C. ethical D. social 12) Eagle Manufacturing, Inc., is in the middle of its first day of the senior management retreat. The topic on the agenda is corporate social responsibility (CSR). Most of the group has seen this brought up before and then shot down because it generally costs Eagle's shareholders in the form of a lower stock price. But the new VP of Ethics, Gloria Wright, is about to explain why she believes CSR will actually benefit the shareholders and Eagle management alike. Her team begins the presentation with a discussion of CSR—its current definition and reconciliation of past views. Jeremiah then discusses the importance of being a good global corporate citizen by supporting the local school system. Ellen takes the floor to make the case for doing what is expected by global stakeholders even though there are no laws requiring those actions. Finally Gloria wraps the discussion up with why Eagle should take legal and economic responsibility for the firm's performance. To Gloria's team's credit, senior management does appear to buy into the pyramid of global corporate social responsibility and performance that her team just presented. Gloria’s team’s presentation focused on the pyramid of global corporate social responsibility. To do what is desired by global stakeholders

Attachment: 2011-09-03_213617_mgt230_final.docx

correlates with the _______ component of
Category: Homework