David L.
David L., Engineer
Experience:  20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications

Network Design Consultation Your neighbor is starting

Network Design Consultation

Your neighbor is starting a small billing business and has asked you to design the network. Your meeting and discussions have provided the following information:

• Currently the neighbor has nothing Needs:

 2 workstations

 1 quality printer

 Internet access

 Multiple email addresses

 Basic low security environment (similar to home environment)

 Initial investment $5,000 or less

 Recurring costs less than $200 per month

 At least one original diagram

 Suggested network architecture

 All hardware/software requirements and related costs

Your project plan should be 3-5 pages (not including diagram) in length explaining the decisions for hardware, software and network architecture choice and should include a drawing of the configuration.

Your paper should include/reference at least 2 journal articles available from the databases you have access to as a student or on the intranet.

This paper should adhere to APA style standards including the following: Double space, 1” margins, Times New Roman 12 pt. font, title page, in text citation of references, and a reference page.

I just need one more page of information that included a conclusion and a drawing of the configuration.

Please see my response to the duplicate to this question posted at the link below:
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what happen?

The question was locked for some reason.

Please click on the link below to download and review the document:

click here

Note that I changed the printer from a rental to a purchase as the rental is a recurring expense and provided Linksys E1000 as the model number for the router in addition to other changes so the flow of the document makes sense. Please review and let me know if you need further changes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I see it saying i had a duplicate of this question I had cancel it but It look like they cancel both. Thanks Im bout to check out this link you just provided
Ok good. If you have questions just let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay I will.

I will be away from my computer for the rest of the day in about an hour so please let me know soon if you have any questions with the document.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes sorry it took me so long. Can you please explain how you got the totals? I figure out how you got the 1 one.

The pricing for each item I added was pulled from the ATT, HP and I believe New Egg for the Linksys. So the first set of totals is for the computer equipment plus installation (labor). Second is network equipment and network installation labor.The last one is for monthly fees for the upgraded ATT DSL. Let me know if that helps and answers your questions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not really. I understand where the cost each come from but you added total column and I was wondering how did you come up with the totals? For example the 1st description cost $233.00 * 2 = $466.00. I understand how you got that total for the 1st description but for the rest I'm not sure how you came up with the totals.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
alrite I think I get it. I just submit it now. Thanks for your help.
Ok good. I am back at my computer now in case you have further questions. Also, please click the Accept if you are satisfied with the service - Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I though sure that I been click accept until I got email. I'm really sorry about that. Thanks again for all your help. Take Care.