Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

in 200 words how do we teach our children about the darkness

in 200 words how do we teach our children about the darkness of our social problems like drugs? Spousal abuse? etc....do we even breach these subjects?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.

Kathy :

I will post your response in the morning. Thanks

Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
Attached is your answer. I hope it helps. Thanks answer
Kathy, Teacher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

AIDS Cases From 1993 to 2003 the cumulative number

N of AIDS cases in thousands can be approximated by

N = - corresponds to the year 1993

Year

1993

1995

1997

1999

2001

2003

Cases

422

565

677

762

844

930

(a) Use the equation to find N for each year in the table.

(b) Discuss how well this equation approximates the data.

(c) Rewrite the equation with the right side completely factored.

(d) Use your equation from part (c) to find N for each year

in the table. Do your answers agree with those found in part (a)?

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
I will work on this for you and post your answer in the morning at the latest. Thanks
Kathy, Teacher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
Attached is your answer I hope it helps. Thanks answer
Kathy, Teacher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Minimum Wage The table shows the minimum wage for three different years.

Year

1940

1968

1997

Wage ($)

0.25

1.60

5.15

a) Make a scatterplot of the data in the viewing rectangle

[1930, 2010, 10] by [0, 6, 1].

(b) Find a quadratic function given by

F(x)=a(x-h)^2+k

that models the data.

(c) Estimate the minimum wage in 1976 and compare

it to the actual value of $2.30.

(d) Estimate when the minimum wage was $1.00.

(e) If current trends continue, predict the minimum

wage in 2009. Compare it to the projected value of

$7.25.

o Examine the importance and applicability of this week's concepts to each team member and to society in general.

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the request. I am currently completing a long assignment, I will post your answer by tomorrow morning at the latest. Thanks
Kathy, Teacher
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.

Attached is your assignment I hope it helps. Please for your next question create a new posting and you can address it for Kathy only, hopefully I will be able to assist you.

answer

Kathy, Teacher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Answer all the following problems in the text. Be sure to show your work for each problem.

1. Analyze the following computations. Explain what is wrong in each case
a. 135+47 =172 b. 87+25 =1012 c. 57-38 = 21 D. 56-18 =48

2. George is cooking an elaborate meal for Thankgiving. He can cook only one thing at a time in his microwave oven. His turkey takes 75 min; the pumpkin pie takes 18 min; rolls take 45, sec; and a cup of coffee takes 30 sec to heat. How much time does he need to cook the meal?

3. Give reasons for each of the following step:

4. Place parentheses, if needed, to make each of the following equations true:
a.
b.
C.
d.
5. Jonah has a large collection of marbles. He notices that if he borrows 5 marbles from a friend, he can arrange the marbles in rows of 13 each. What is the remainder when he divides his original number of marbles by 13?

6. Can 0 be the identity for multiplication? Explain why or why not.

7. Xuan saved $5340 in 3 years. If he saved $95 per month in the first year and a fixed amount per month for the next 2 years, how much did he save per month during the last 2 years?

8. Give reason for each of the following steps:

9. Use front –end estimation with adjustment to estimate each of the following:
a. 2345+5250+4210+910
b. 345+518+655+270

10. Give several examples from real world situations where an estimate, rather than an exact answer is sufficient.
11 A Student asks why he has to learn about any estimation strategy other than rounding. What is your response?
12. Show that the distributive property of multiplication over addition a(b+c)=ab+ac, is true for each of the following values of a, b, and, c.
A.
B.
13. Compute each of the following:

14. Identify the property of integers being illustrated in each of the following:

15. Kahlil said that using the equation (a+b)^2=a^2+2ab+b^2 he can find a similar equation for a(-b)^2
Examine his argument. If it is correct, supply any missing steps or justifications; if it is incorrect, point out why.

16. Without using a calculator, test each of the following numbers for divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 11:
a. 4,201,012
b. 1001
c. 10,001
17. Devise a test for divisibility by each of the following numbers:
a. 16
b. 25
18. Jim uses his calculator to see if a number n having eight or fewer digits is divisible by a number d. He finds that n d has a display of 32. Does d ∣n? Why?

19. Can you find three consecutive natural numbers none of which is divisible y 3? Explain your answer.
20. Find the prime factorization of the following:
a. 1001
b. 1001^2
c. 999^10
d. 111^10-111^9
20. Explain why the product of any four consecutive integers is divisible by 24.
21. A movie rental sore gives free popcorn to every fourth customer and a free movie rental to every sixth customer. Use the number line method to find which customer was the first to win both prizes.
22.The principal of Valley elementary school wants to divide each of the three fourth grade classes into small same size groups whit at least 2 students in each. If the classes have 18, 24, 36 students, respectively, what size groups are possible?
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/homework/5qvxn-answer-question-125-words-1-read-following.html

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/5l35y-1-can-think-way-s-linear-inequalities.html

Dear customer, the fact that the last two questions I responded for you (links above) were not accepted, have me concerned that the questions were not satisfactory to you, which why I have not answered to latest questions. Once that is resolve I will be more than happy to continue assisting you with your assignments. Thanks
Kathy, Teacher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have took care of the problem

123+45=(1.10^2+2.10+3)(4.10+5)
=1.10^2+(2.10+4.10)+(3+5)
=1.10^2+(2+4)+10(3+5)
= 1.10^2+6.10+8
=168

a. 4+3.=14
b.9/3+1=4
c.5+4+9/3=6
d. 3+6-2/1=7

Jonah has a large collection of marbles. He notices that if he borrows 5 marbles from a friend, he can arrange the marbles in rows of 13 each. What is the remainder when he divides his original number of marbles by 13?

a. 2345+5250+4210+910
b. 345+518+655+270

A. a=-5,b=2,c=-6
B. a=-2,b=-3,c=4
13. Compute each of the following:
a. 10-3-12
b. 10-(3-12)
c. (-3)^2
d. -3^2
e. -5^2+3(-2)^2
f. -2^3
g. (-2)^5
h. -2^4

a. (-2)(3)EI
b. (-4)0=0
c. -2(3+4)=-2(3)+(-2)4
d. (-2)3=3(-2)

15. Kahlil said that using the equation (a+b)^2=a^2+2ab+b^2 he can find a similar equation for a(-b)^2 Examine his argument. If it is correct, supply any missing steps or justifications; if it is incorrect, point out why.

(a-b)^2=[a+(-b)]^2
=a^2+2a(-b)+(-b)^2
=a^2-2ab+b^2

a. 4,201,012
b. 1001
c. 10,001
a. 16
b. 25

a. 1001
b. 1001^2
c. 999^10
d. 111^10-111^9

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the accepts. I will work on these problems for you this evening you will find the answers by tomorrow morning at the latest. Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
no problem
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
It is almost complete. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok just let me know when your done I will add bonus
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
sure I will let you know I just need to work on 3 and 18.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.