Hi, can I get both the letter and word/s of the correct answer? This would help me out tremendously.
1. The Renaissance period in musical history lasted from about
A. 1425 to 1600.
B. 1650 to 1750.
C. 1450 to 1750.
D. 1500 to 1789
2. Call-and-response form is often used in _______ music.
3. The term ritornello refers to the main theme of a
A. virtuoso cadenza.
C. concerto grosso.
A. Both Tony and Shin Lee are correct. B. Only Shin Lee is correct. C. Neither Tony nor Shin Lee is correct. D. Only Tony is correct. 40. Eldon says that Berry Gordy founded Motown records to produce big band recording artists. Will says that Gordy founded Motown to produce R&B musicians. Who is correct?
A. Only Eldon is correct. B. Only Will is correct. C. Neither Eldon nor Will is correct. D. Both Eldon and Will are correct
41. A group of instruments or voices with similar timbres within the ensemble is the A. tenors. B. orchestra. C. section. D. voicing. 42. The _______ is the second act of the sonata form. A. exposition B. development C. recapitulation D. coda 43. Which one of the following composers sometimes featured American folk melodies in his compositions? A. Aaron Copland B. John Coltrane C. Charlie Parker D. Xavier Cugat 44. A _______ is a duple-meter dance associated with square dancing. A. corrido B. stomp C. hoedown D. broadside 45. When we hear three or more notes played simultaneously, we're hearing a A. polyphonic texture. B. monophonic line. C. chord. D. melody 46. The third section of the sonata form is referred to as the A. cadenza. B. finale. C. variation. D. recapitulaton. 47. Which one of the following is the name used for a Javanese instrumental group? A. Cantor B. Mambo C. Gamelan D. Kajar 48. An example of African American syncretism is A. rhyme singing. B. a capella chorale. C. treble singing. D. call-and-response 49. The text of an opera is called the A. libretto. B. vibrato. C. buffa. D. program. 50. A _______ is a type of folk song that tells a story. A. hoedown B. canon C. ballad D. broadside 51. In the 1920s, Schoenberg developed the new system for organizing music called A. 12-tone composition. B. atonal closure. C. monodrama. D. 12-bar blues. 52. Which one of the following represents the most important element of sonata form? A. Use of Latin texts B. Development of themes C. Doctrine of affects D. Use of word painting 53. Who wrote The Nutcracker? A. Boris Gudonov B. Felix Mendelssohn C. Piotr Tchaikovsky D. Alexandr Pushkin 54. By the time he/she was 17 years of age, _______ had already written the Octet for Strings, op.20. A. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart B. Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel C. Felix Mendelssohn D. Joseph Haydn 55. Every mass political movement since the _______ has had its songs. A. Renaissance B. Civil War C. French Revolution of 1789 D. Revolutionary War 56. The estampie and the saltarello are two forms of A. Italian musical instruments. B. syllabic text-setting. C. medieval dances. D. African musical instruments. 57. The rhythmic patterns of Indian music are called A. tablas. B. talas. C. pungis. D. veenas.
58. _______ is designed for performance in an intimate setting. A. Opera buffa B. Opera seria C. Chamber music D. Symphony 59. Verdi uses three distinct types of melody in La Traviata, Act 1: declamatory, virtuosic, and A. staccato. B. twelve tone. C. lyrical. D. ostinato. 60. The result of the fusion of rhythm and blues and honky tonk was A. reggae. B. jazz. C. rock 'n' roll. D. hip hop. 61. The musical work that depicts an artist being led to his execution is A. Cherry Blossom. B. Schubert's "Erlkönig." C. Berlioz's Symphonie fantastique. D. Cage's 4'33''. 62. The music of Philip Glass is written mostly in the _______ style. A. post-Romantic B. expressionist C. impressionist D. minimalist 63. Julio wants the chorus to sing a section of music very softly. What will Julio write in that section to convey his wishes? A. mp B. p C. pp D. f 64. The _______ of a song are often referred to as stanzas. A. beats B. measures C. verses D. notes 65. Another word for the "color" of music is A. tone. B. texture. C. dynamics. D. timbre. 66. A form of polyphony consisting of two or more rhythmically interlocking voices is the A. Ituri. B. Mbuti. C. hocket. D. ostinato.
67. The Broadway musical is descended from the
68. ______is a joining of two influences, European and African.
A. Hip hop
D. Rhythm and blues
69. Which of the following composers wrote The Four Seasons?
70. The ______ voice is the highest voice in vocal music.
71. According to your textbook, which composer is considered to be the most controversial composer who ever lived?
72. In music, the Italian term for "loud" is
73. Von Bingen's Play of Virtues is a good example of a type of music called
C. vocal quartet
74. Dylan says that the conga and cachiche are non-pitched intruments. Lyla says that the cowbell and cymbal are non-pitched instruments. Who is correct?
A. Neither Dylan nor Lyla is correct
B. Both Dylan and Lyla are correct
C. Only Lyla is correct
D. Only Dylan is correct
75. A synthesis of Chinese musical elements and European-American idioms is found in
A. Tan Dun's "Farewell"
B. The Reunion
C. Cherry Blossom
D. Glass's Etudes
76. The Italian word for "prayer hall", which refers to a piece of music that includes recitatives, arias, and choruses, is
D. opera buffa
77. The character of sound is referred to as its
78. Henri wants to indicate in the musical score that all the instruments should play. What word will he write in the score?
A. Da Capo
79. The text pattern of XXXXX XXXXX's "Terraplane Blues" is typical of songs in the A. 12-bar blues. B. 8-to-the-bar pattern. C. blue-note melody. D. European classical tradition
80. Which of the following was typically used in the symphonic finale in the Classical Era? A. Rondo B. Minuet C. Fugue D. Tremolo
81. Notes in a major key are considered to be _______ notes. A. bland B. flat C. sad D. happy
82. An example of African American syncretism is A. call-and-response. B. treble singing. C. a capella chorale. D. rhyme singing
83. Which composer drew heavily on northern European mythology, including many of the same sources used by J.R.R. Tolkien in his Lord of the Rings? A. Wagner B. Vivaldi C. Verdi D. Berlioz
84. An example of a percussion instrument is the A. piano. B. clarinet C. trumpet. D. shawm.
85. The binary form in Haydn's Symphony no. 102 in B flat major, third movement, is represented by A. AABB. B. ABBA. C. ABACADA. D. ABA.
86. The term _______ refers to the variety of short piano forms comprising Frederic Chopin's repertory. A. character piece B. arial C. impromptu fantasy D. ballad
Hello dear client,
To download your assignment please click ----> HERE
Please don't forget to hit ACCEPT BUTTON. A tip is a nice way to say thank you!
You only get so may characters initially to ask your question. If they all get answered and they all check out I would definitely be willing to say thank you with a tip
Will do. Thanks Jabi!
Bty if you're curious, 13 is D. tambura (I googled it while I was waiting)
32 of these were on the final that was 40 questions total, you got 6 wrong. 8 others not listed here were also on the final (I got all those right) Giving me an 85% on the test. I appreciate your help. This is my first time on here, I intend to use this site again. I've sent you a tip (I'm not sure what is customary in this scenario so I hope it is adequate). Cheers!