Owen
Owen, Attending Physician
Experience:  I teach medical students and residents with title of Asst. Professor
18703594

can u help me with a test

Customer Question

can u help me with a test
Category: Homework
Expert:  Owen replied 3 years ago.

A 20 year old female came in for a routine physical, but had some complaints with her urinary tract such that she was burning so she was asked for a urine specimen to check for a possible Urinary tract infection and the bladder would possibly need a Cystoscope to look in the bladder. Her heart was check with Auscultation using a stethoscope and and a routine EKG to check for any abnormal heart rate abnormalities. Her tympanic membranes of her ears were check with an otoscope and her eyes were checked with a ophthalmoscope. And, to check for the conduction of her hearing and audio differences a tuning fork was used for this conductive test. She then had the nerves and reflexes checked with a hammer and she was found to have normal reflexes at all of her extremeties, and then she had a pelvic exam which require her vagina and cervix to be checked by having a speculum placed.

PLease click on ACCEPT, thank you

Owen, Attending Physician
Experience: I teach medical students and residents with title of Asst. Professor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1. Why is it important to learn about clinical hypnosis? Select all that apply. (Points : 1)
To know how hypnosis can help patents
To educate patients about benefits and limitations of hypnosis
To avoid being hypnotized without your knowledge
To know when to refer patients to a trained hypnosis provider

2. Which of the following statements are true? Select all that apply. (Points : 1)
Hypnotized people maintain volitional control
Hypnotized people should be completely unaware of where they are
Hypnotized people can be made to do anything the hypnotist wants
Hypnotized people usually remember what transpired

3. Which dimension of trance is illustrated in this example? You are suggesting that the patient's feet are cold and the patient automatically has cold feet though she has a sense that it shouldn't be possible. (Points : 1)
Trance
Role-taking involvement
Relationship (archaic involvement)
Reversed effect

4. The American Medical Association recommends that medical schools and professional training centers offer training in hypnosis. (Points : 1)
True
False

5. The sociocognitive model of hypnosis explains the mechanism of action for hypnosis. (Points : 1)
True
False

6. Which of these is an effective use of language? Select all that apply. (Points : 1)
You will get worse unless you take your medication twice a day.
You will notice a real improvement when you take the pills.
You will never feel better until you cut out caffeine.
I expect that you will continue with the rehabilitation of your knee.

7. Whenever the will and the imagination come into conflict, the imagination always wins. (Points : 1)
True
False

8. What principle of hypnosis matches the following definition? Attaching a strong emotion to a suggestion tends to make the suggestion more effective. (Points : 1)
Law of Concentrated Attention
Law of Reversed Effect
Law of Dominant Effect
Law of Neodissociation

9. Which version of the hypnosis process below correctly identifies the steps? (Points : 1)
Suggest, Prepare, Induce, Deepen, Return, Self Hypnosis
Prepare, Induce, Deepen, Suggest, Self Hypnosis, Return
Induce, Suggest, Self Hypnosis, Deepen, Prepare, Return
Prepare, Induce, Suggest, Deepen, Return, Self Hypnosis

10. Which step in the hypnosis process is where the actual therapeutic value of the hypnosis session takes place? (Points : 1)
Preparation
Induction
Suggestion
Self-Hypnosis

11. After surgery, the practitioner would do all of the following except: (Points : 1)
Review patient experience
Make a diagnosis
Implement a plan for recovery
Deal with any problems that came up

12. Which of the following are NOT good situations for hypnosis? Select all that apply. (Points : 1)
Jane was sexually abused as a child and has a history of dissociated experience
Linda wants her obstetrician to use hypnosis for pain control during childbirth
Jill wants her gynecologist to use hypnosis to help her with her asthma
Jeff wants to use hypnosis to stop smoking

13. In general, hypnosis helps patients deal with anxiety and __________. (Points : 1)
pain
weight
smoking
infections

14. According to research, which of the following can result from hypnosis? Select all that apply. (Points : 1)
Lower postoperative pain
Shorter hospital stays
Higher cure rates
Patient loss of control

15. What distinguishes ASCH certification from others? (Points : 1)
It has a longer history
It applies to all states
You have to be a licensed healthcare professional
None of these

Expert:  Owen replied 3 years ago.
1. d
2. a
3. d
4. false
5. false
6. d
7. false
8. c
9. b
10. d
11. c
12. a
13. c
14. abd
15. d
Owen, Attending Physician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Discuss the principles and practices that are common to all of the Mind-Body modalities
Expert:  Owen replied 3 years ago.
This will take too long, I'm sorry -
Open a New Question - and another expert should answer you....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1. According to NCCAM, mind-body medicine consists of "a variety of techniques designed to enhance the capacity of the _______ to affect bodily function and symptoms." (Points : 1)
mind
heart
liver
lungs

2. Our thoughts affect our physical functioning but our physical functioning has no effect on our mental functioning. (Points : 1)
True
False

3. According to NCCAM, which of these is not a mind-body intervention? (Points : 1)
Cognitive-behavioral therapy
Dance therapy
Support groups
Reiki therapy

4. Which statements apply to mind-body therapies? Select all that apply. (Points : 1)
The effect of the mind-body connection is found in all complementary therapies.
Mind-body therapies include manipulation techniques.
Mind-body therapies are related to body-mind therapies.
Mind-body therapies sometimes incorporate relaxation and breathing techniques.

5. The ________ response is the biochemical and physiologic opposite of the flight or fight response. (Points : 1)
fight or flight
feed and breed
relaxation
pupil

6. What happens in the body during a relaxation response? Select all that apply. (Points : 1)
Decreased respiratory rate
Increased heart rate
Decreased blood pressure
Decrease intestinal activity

7. What is associated with increased heart and respiratory rate, increased muscle tension and decreased intestinal activity? (Points : 1)
Relaxation response
Listening response
Fight or flight response
Psychoneuroimmunology

8. What does the field of psychoneuroimmunology (PNI) study? (Points : 1)
Infections in stroke patients
How the mind and emotions connect to the nervous, endocrine, and immune systems
Psychosomatic medicine
Mood disturbances in patients with Parkinson's

9. What is the physiological reaction that occurs when an individual encounters a stressor? (Points : 1)
hypertrophy
stress
shock
relaxation

10. What is an event that the body perceives as a threat? (Points : 1)
Stress
Stressor
Fight or flight response
Individual response

11. Long-term stress is associated with elevated catecholamines and cortisol levels. (Points : 1)
True
False

12. Which of the following are conditions associated with long-term stress? Select all that apply. (Points : 1)
Hypertension
Digestive disorders
Diminished fertility
Anxiety
Disruption of normal glycemic control

13. Research on mind-body therapies is in its infancy. (Points : 1)
True
False

14. Listed are two areas of research in mind-body therapies. What is the third? Basic science research, Epidemiological research, __________ research. (Points : 1)
public
private
animal
clinical

15. Which of the following present issues when trying to conduct double-blind randomized controlled trials on mind-body therapies? Select all that apply. (Points : 1)
Mind-body therapies often employ more than one approach.
Mind-body therapies often deliberately use the placebo response.
Double-blind studies are sometimes impossible to design.
Mind-body therapies are not covered by insurance plans.

16. Research on mind-body medicine is extensive, but it is not yet used much in mainstream clinical applications. (Points : 1)
True
False

17. Which of the following programs offered by hospitals are examples of mind-body therapies in clinical practice? Select all that apply. (Points : 1)
Mindfulness-Based-Stress-Reduction
Healing Touch therapy
Yoga classes
Infertility support groups
Music therapy
Massage

18. How can mind-body therapies and practices help manage symptoms? Select all that apply. (Points : 1)
Foster a sense of control
Enhance optimism
Provide social support
Change attitude to the disease

19. Mind-body therapies and practices can help prevent disease by reducing long-term stress and thus reducing immunosuppression and damaging stress hormones. (Points : 1)
True
False

20. Which is NOT an action you could take to incorporate mind-body therapies into professional practice? (Points : 1)
Educate patients about the mind-body connection.
Offer exercise programs.
Create a healing partnership with patient
Expand therapeutic options to include mind-body practices.

Expert:  Owen replied 3 years ago.
This question has gotten too long to open - please open an entirely new question - it really is easier.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
. According to NCCAM, mind-body medicine consists of "a variety of techniques designed to enhance the capacity of the _______ to affect bodily function and symptoms." (Points : 1)
mind
heart
liver
lungs

True
False

Cognitive-behavioral therapy
Dance therapy
Support groups
Reiki therapy

fight or flight
feed and breed
relaxation
pupil

Decreased respiratory rate
Increased heart rate
Decreased blood pressure
Decrease intestinal activity

Relaxation response
Listening response
Fight or flight response
Psychoneuroimmunology

Infections in stroke patients
Psychosomatic medicine

hypertrophy
stress
shock
relaxation

Stress
Stressor
Fight or flight response
Individual response

True
False

Hypertension
Digestive disorders
Diminished fertility
Anxiety
Disruption of normal glycemic control

True
False

public
private
animal
clinical

True
False

Mindfulness-Based-Stress-Reduction
Healing Touch therapy
Yoga classes
Infertility support groups
Music therapy
Massage

Foster a sense of control
Enhance optimism
Provide social support
Change attitude to the disease

True
False

Offer exercise programs.

Expert:  Owen replied 3 years ago.
I'll opt out
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
True
False

Hypertension
Digestive disorders
Diminished fertility
Anxiety
Disruption of normal glycemic control

True
False

public
private
animal
clinical

True
False

Mindfulness-Based-Stress-Reduction
Healing Touch therapy
Yoga classes
Infertility support groups
Music therapy
Massage

Foster a sense of control
Enhance optimism
Provide social support
Change attitude to the disease

True
False

Offer exercise programs.

Expert:  Owen replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.