Legalwriter
Legalwriter, Lawyer
Experience:  8 years of law practice, former law journal articles editor

The Courts power of judicial review was

Customer Question

The Court’s power of judicial review was first confirmed in A) Connecticut v Lyons B) McCulloch v Marshall C) Brown v Board of Education D) Marbury v Madison 7. The Federalist Papers, authored by ____________, urged for judicial review. A) Jefferson and Madison B) Hamilton and Madison C) Franklin and Jefferson D) Marbury and Thompson 8. The following refers to the principle that there are two distinct spheres of government: a national and state sphere: A) Shared federalism B) Permissive federalism C) Marble cake federalism D) Dual federalism 9. Which of the following is true about “New Federalism?” A) Is supported by many state governors and Congressional conservatives B) Is well reflected in the 1995 Welfare Reform legislation C) Places a greater emphasis on the states in terms of funding and running programs D) All of the above 10. Which of the following party is most closely described as one that believes in complete individual liberty without government control? A) Republican B) Libertarian C) Democrat D) Green 11. The Republican Party (choose the best answer): A) Is described as being liberal in their beliefs B) Is considered a “third party” C) Espouses a classical laissez faire ideology D) Created a “Contract with America” in the 1990’s 12. The single largest ethnic minority group in America is comprised of A) Native Americans B) Hispanics C) African Americans D) Asians 13. During the Great Depression, the U.S. government passed landmark labor laws, including A) Civil Rights Act B) Suffrage Act C) North American Free Trade Agreement D) National Labor Relations Act 14. The public retirement system in the United States was established by the Social Security Act in A) 1935 B) 1929 C) 1941 D) 1962 15. Which law helped control soft money contributions to political parties? A) McCain – Fitzgerald Act B) Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002 C) Section 527 law of 2004 D) Campaign Finance Control Act of 2003 16. The subset of values relating to government and politics is A) Political culture B) Political ideology C) Political socialization D) Political capital 17. When an organized group dedicates itself to securing benefits from the government, it becomes a(n) A) Political culture B) Non-governmental organization C) Political party D) Interest group 18. Consciously held systems beliefs about governments and politics are A) Political ideology B) Political culture C) Political socialization D) Political capital 19. Approximately how many African-Americans of voting age were on the registration rolls in 1965? A) One-half B) Three-fourths C) One-third D) Two-thirds 20. Which of the following is NOT true about voting in the United States prior to the Civil War? A) Voting laws were not governed by the Constitution or federal law B) No African Americans could vote anywhere in the United States C) The 14th and 15th Amendments had yet to be enacted D) Voting was almost exclusively exercised by white males 21. Which of the following is not true about the Voting Rights Act of 1965? A) Banned literacy tests for voting privileges B) Created targeted enforcement provisions for areas known for discriminatory voting practices C) Was signed by President LynXXXXX XXXXX D) Included a provision banning polling taxes 22. A President may not serve more than two four-year terms according to the A) 22nd Amendment B) Bill of Rights C) Constitution's Preamble D) 18th Amendment 23. The only President to serve beyond two terms was A) XXXXX XXXXX B) XXXXX XXXXX C) Franklin D Roosevelt D) Thomas Jefferson 24. The election held for a party to select a candidate for office is the A) Primary B) General C) Electoral college D) Party sponsorship 25. Which of the following organizations are prohibited from making contributions or expenditures in conjunction with federal elections? A) Labor unions B) Corporations C) Incorporated membership organizations, such as the National Rifle Association D) All of the above
Category: Homework
Expert:  Legalwriter replied 2 years ago.

I will get this done for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not received your reply and I am afraid I have done something wrong and will not receive a reply please let me know if this is the case or I need to wait longer and everything is going according to plan?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.