Lani S.
Lani S., Tutor
Experience:  Registered Nurse, Internet Researcher, Private Tutor
7581006

Records Management Presentation

I would like to view a model to guide me through the presentation of Records Management. Please let me know if you can help and I will provide the rest of the information. I will need this by Monday! This is the final project called Records Management Presentation.
Thanks for requesting me. Can you please provide the details of that assignment so I can check if I have what you need? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You have been hired as the records manager for Happy Health Medical Clinic, a medium-sized, general practice about to start up business. Whereas this medical facility hopes to have everything computerized at some point in the future, that is not currently the case. Therefore basic patient information is located on the computer, but medical information is only found in paper files.

Your facility stores, circulates and updates patient records internally for six doctors, and traffics them up one floor to an X-ray department—in other words, you loan records, but you do not borrow them. Because the X-ray facility is in partnership with Happy Health, you send actual patient files up to X-ray, not copies, and it is important to get the files back.

Resource: Appendix A, Presentation Guide

Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation outlining standard records management procedures for the employees who work for Happy Health Medical Clinic. Your presentation should include introduction and conclusion slides, as well as detailed speaker’s notes. The speaker’s notes must describe the bulleted items on the slide and provide rationale for policy decisions. Include one or more complete paragraph of speaker’s notes per slide; cite outside references used, if any, according to APA format.

Include the following information in your presentation:

· The importance of getting new information into a patient’s record as timely as possible

· Not duplicating medical records for the same person

· Being able to know at all times where a record is located as you write practical, how-to procedures to cover the following aspects of records management:

o Indexes for administering health care information

o Centralized or decentralized records management

o Creation of new records—record format

o Type of filing system:

· Basic rules of the system

· Examples to clarify names or numbers that might be confusing in that system

o Temporary and permanent insertion of loose forms and care reports:

· Handling clinical data that a doctor needs to see

· Handling administrative data that a doctor does not need to see

o Storage for patient files:

· Short-term (patient returns in 2 to 3 days)

· Permanent (patient is not due back soon but is currently under care)

· Archive (patient record has not been used for some time)

o The physical circulation of records within your facility, and between your facility and X-ray:

· Routing and tracking records within areas of your department and out to X-ray

· Storing lab reports that come in when a patient’s file is at X-ray

· Retention schedule—destruction of records

· File security

· Legal and ethical responsibilities

Post your presentation as an attachment. Be sure to include graphics, speaker notes an introduction and conclusion.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Lani, you are great! Thank you tons! I will be sure to contact you next time I need your assistance.

Most welcome!

Thank you too.