Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience:  Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
23848519

44) The previous forecast of 65 turned out to be four units

44) The previous forecast of 65 turned out to be four units less than the actual demand. The next forecast is 66. What would be the value of alpha if the simple exponential smoothing forecast method is being used?

A. 0.4

B. 0.02

C. 0.25

D. 0.04

45) Which of the following statements are true about time-series forecasting?

A. Time series analysis tries to understand the system underlying and surrounding the item being forecast.
B. Time series analysis is based on the idea that the history of occurrences over time can be used to predict the future.
C. Time series methods are useful for long-range forecasts when the demand pattern is erratic
D. Under time-series methods, demand is divided into the time-based components such as daily, weekly, etc.
46) Which of the following statements is true?

A. The Principle of Capital Market Efficiency says to consider the possible ways to minimize the value lost to capital market imperfections, such as asymmetric taxes, asymmetric information, and transaction costs.
B. The Behavioral Principle suggests to look for opportunities to create value by issuing securities that are in short supply, perhaps resulting from changes in tax law.
C. The Signaling Principle says to consider any possible change in capital structure carefully, because financing transactions and capital structure changes convey information to outsiders and can be misunderstood.
D. all of these

47) An investor's risky portfolio is made up of individual stocks. Which of the following statements about this portfolio is true?

A. Selling any stock in this portfolio will lower the beta of the portfolio.

B. Each stock in the portfolio has its own beta.

C. Each stock in the portfolio will have a beta greater than one.

D. An investor cannot change the risk of this portfolio by her choice about personal leverage (lending or borrowing).

48) Due to asymmetric information, the market fears that a firm issuing securities will do so when the stock is _________.

A. overvalued

B. being sold by insiders

C. caught up in a bear market

D. undervalued

49) A checking account is __________.

A. a place to “collect” money between inflows and outflows

B. an account that acts like a reservoir

C. useful because you can add money in any amount

D. all of these

50) Under capital rationing, given the choice among several equally attractive investments, the best tool to use is the __________.

A. Payback method

B. Net Present Value method

C. Profitability Index method

D. Internal Rate of Return method
Category: Homework
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience: Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience