Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

15. Which of the following was NOT one of the positive buzzwords

15. Which of the following was NOT one of the positive buzzwords of the Enlightenment? (Points: 5)
Reason
Divine revelation
Natural law
Hope

16. Enlightenment advocates of economic liberalism: (Points: 5)
urged rulers to guide their societies in rationally determined directions.
were vigorously opposed by Adams Smith.
opposed attempts to establish laissez-faire policies.
believed that individuals should be free to pursue their own economic self-interest.

17. Outside of Europe, the major scenes of battle in the Seven Years War were: (Points: 5)
North America and Africa.
Central America and India.
India and North America.
Latin America and Africa.

18. Which of the following statements is an accurate depiction of the nature of the British Parliament in the latter half of the eighteenth century? (Points: 5)
It was primarily composed of civil libertarians who advocated individual rights.
Its role was primarily that of a rubber stamp for the king.
It shared power with the king, gradually gaining the upper hand.
Uniquely, women could become Members of Parliament.

19. Britain decided to end its war against the Americans after a combined American and French force defeated General Cornwallis at: (Points: 5)
Cowpens.
Newburgh.
Saratoga.
Yorktown.

20. The military forces raised by the French revolutionary government was: (Points: 5)
composed largely of non French mercenaries.
the largest navy ever assembled in Europe up to that point.
unsuccessful on the battlefield although victorious in naval combat.
a true army of the people, whose intensity was the beginning of the concept of total war.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)