Chris Parker
Chris Parker, Problem Solver
Experience:  Master of Computer Applications (MCA). BSc in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science.
4769983

Unit 3 Individual Project

Customer Question

Assignment Name: Unit 3 Individual Project Deliverable Length: 5-6 paragraphs Details: All of the body systems are important to keep us functioning, and they all work together to do that. Without oxygen, we would quickly die. The respiratory system is especially important in its role to maintain our body's function; therefore, it is useful to know more about this system. Instructions Describe an overview of the key anatomical parts of the respiratory system and how it works. Describe possible diagnostic or surgical procedures associated with the respiratory system that are not mentioned in the Q&A section of this unit. Include at least 10 medical terms including anatomy, diagnostic, and surgical terms. Do an in-depth analysis of 5 of these terms. Identify the root, suffix, prefix, and their literal meaning. Describe how clinicians commonly use the word. This assignment will be assessed using the rubric provided here. Deliverable: Please submit your assignment as a 5–6 paragraph typed document

Due 08/07/2011 by 12 pm est time

Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris Parker replied 3 years ago.
Hi!

The question is asking to describe "possible diagnostic or surgical procedures associated with the respiratory system that are not mentioned in the Q&A section of this unit." Could you please list the diagnostic or surgical procedures associated with the respiratory system that are mentioned in the Q&A section so they can be left out of the scope of the response?

Regards,
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im assuming she is referencing these systems:

Skeletal System

The skeletal system's major function is supporting and shaping the body as well as protecting the internal organs. Some common parts associated with this system include the bones, joints, cartilage, and ligaments.

Muscular System

The muscular system, often grouped together with the skeletal system to form the musculoskeletal system, is primarily responsible for making movement possible and keeping the body erect. Some common components of this system include the muscles, fascia, and tendons.

Cardiovascular System

The cardiovascular system is the system of the body concerned with blood flow and the transportation of oxygen and other nutrients to the cells of the body. The major components of this system include the following:

• heart
  • arteries
  • veins
  • blood

Respiratory System

The respiratory system is the system that is concerned with bringing oxygen into the body and removing harmful waste products from the body. The major components of this system include the following:

• nose
  • pharynx
  • trachea
  • larynx
  • lungs

Digestive System

The digestive system is responsible for the intake and digestion of food, absorbing nutrients, and eliminating any solid waste products from the body (Ehrlich & Schroeder, 2005, p. 219). The major components of the digestive system include the following:

• mouth
  • throat
  • esophagus
  • small and large intestines
  • rectum
  • anus

Urinary System

The urinary system is primarily responsible for removing waste by filtering the blood. In addition, it helps maintain homeostasis in the body. Its major components include the following:

• kidneys
  • ureters
  • urinary bladder
  • urethra

Nervous System

The nervous system is responsible for controlling and coordinating all of the activities of the body. Its major components include the following:

• nerves
  • brain
  • sensory organs
  • spinal cord

Integumentary System

The integumentary system not only makes up the outer covering for the body but also prevents fluid loss, assists with the sense of touch, and assists the immune system through unbroken skin-this helps prevent infection from getting into the body. Its major components include the following:

• skin
  • sebaceous glands
  • sweat glands
  • fingernails and toenails
  • hair

Endocrine System

The endocrine system's primary function is to produce hormones that have specialized functions used to aid in the functioning of the body. Its major components include the following:

• pancreas
  • thyroid
  • adrenal glands
  • thymus
Ok. I can complete by tomorrow evening. Does that work for you?

Regards,
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes...thank you so so much!

Have a great day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Evening Chris....checking on assignment status.

Please advise when it will be complete

Thanks XXXXX
Hi!

Good evening!

Some unexpected urgent personal work came up so I couldn't get back to you earlier. I am working on your assignment and I will post early tomorrow morning. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,
Chris
Hi!

Download my response from the following link: Click.

Please review and click Accept.

Regards,
Chris
Chris Parker, Problem Solver
Experience: Master of Computer Applications (MCA). BSc in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much chris...sorry for delay my son had a football game just now checking. Looks great! By the way they won 34 to 12

Thanks

Yajaira
Not a problem! Thanks for the accept. Good to hear that your son's team won the foot ball game!

I will look forward to your new questions.

Regards,
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Morning Chris,

I was wondering if you could assit with this assignment. Here is my portion:

Library Project

You are a medical assistant in a large physician practice that is going to be growing by adding additional physicians. The practice will need to hire and train quite a few new medical assistants to support these new physicians.

The office manager decides that the practice needs a process to help determine what additional training may be needed for new hires. You are part of a team that has been asked to identify a way to help new hires identify areas where they will need additional training.

Your group decides to give new hires the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge of medical terminology and meet with the office manager to determine additional training needs based on their performance analyzing a SOAP note.

Individual Deliverable:

• Each member of the group should write a brief SOAP note of at least 4 paragraphs documenting a fictional patient visit.
  • Include medical terms with suffixes, roots, and prefixes.
  • Select a digestive or integumentary system patient problem that the medical terms will refer.

Go to the library, use the Web resources, and your knowledge of other medical terms to help you develop your SOAP note. Also use the library and Web resources when you encounter abbrevations or acronyms with which you are unfamiliar.

For the assessment part of your note, write a summary of the findings rather than a medical diagnosis. For the plan, you can note what medical terms seem realistic to use in terms of follow-up. The goal is to develop a document where the new hire can demonstrate his or her knowledge of medical terminology.

Also identify acronyms or abbreviations that could be misinterpreted and how you have modified your SOAP note to avoid that possible misinterpretation. For example, one of the acronyms used in one of these SOAP notes refers to the acronym SBE. This can mean self-breast examination, which is also seen as BSE (breast self-examination) or an illness called subacute bacterial endocarditis, referring to an infection of the heart. Obviously these have very different meanings

Please advise if you can have this complete by friday 08/12/2011 11pm est

Thanks for the new question. I will take care of it by Friday night 11PM EST.

Regards,
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Morning Chris....

Just wanted to give you a heads up on the new assignment due friday at 11 pm est.

Per my professor:

each of us need to pick a system & problem but we all need to do the same 1 for digestive & the same 1 for the integumentary --- for the digestive system::: Chron's Disease --- for the integumentary system choose::: psoriasis on the arms --- the patient 45 yr old F --- this will make each of our SOAP notes uniformed in a way to be able to combine the IPs into the final GP

Can you please make sure the assignment focuses on those systems?

Thanks for all you do!

Yajaira B.

Ok. I will post by 11 PM today.

Regards,
Chris
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.