Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

LEGAL ASPECTS & INSURANCE 1. In relation to safety,

LEGAL ASPECTS & INSURANCE

1. In relation to safety, toward which of the following does a hotel need to use the most reasonable care?
A. A child B. A teenager C. A man D. A woman

2. What are the two main classifications of hotel patrons?
A. Licensees and employees
B. Guests and management
C. Employees and guests
D. Invitees and licensees

3. In the eyes of the law, who is legally responsible in most lawsuits against a hotel?
A. The owner B. The guest C. The housekeeper D. The bellhop

4. What are the two main types of contracts?
A. Oral and written B. Legal and illegal

C. Mutual and nonmutual D. Unilateral and bilateral

5. If the motel retains keys to the premises and furnishes room-cleaning services, the person occupying the unit is considered a
A. guest. B. patron. C. tenant. D. trespasser.

6. In reference to bailment, the party delivering the goods is known as the
A. bailee. B. invitee. C. bailor. D. licensee.

7. In the eyes of the law, a youth under the age of 18 is called a(n)
A. bailee. B. minor. C. adolescent. D. patron.

8. An example of consideration is
A. checking to see if a room is available.

B. deciding to evict a guest.

C. paying for a room.

D. selecting an insurance company.

9. Because it's a criminal offense in most states, a hotel should be extremely careful not to admit persons who will use the premises for
A. gambling or prostitution. B. relocation.

C. business purposes. D. drinking alcoholic beverages.

10. The term baggage doesn't include
A. clothing. B. toothbrushes.

C. jewelry. D. household good

11. If a guest or visitor checks his or her coat in the checkroom (without paying a fee) and attends a hotel function, what type of relationship has the hotel established?
A. Patron B. Gratuitous bailee
C. Licensee D. Bailor

12. Which of the following purposes doesn't give a landlord the right to enter a rented unit?
A. To inspect the unit

B. To repair the unit

C. To show the unit to a prospect

D. To unlock the door for a person not living in the unit

13. A guest who sues for an injury sustained while walking through a hotel's renovation area that's clearly posted No Admittance may be found guilty of
A. nuisance. B. contributory negligence.

C. infringement. D. statutory preemption.

14. The law that prohibits an employer from participating in union administration is the
A. Wagner Act. B. Civil Rights Act of 1964.

C. Taft-Hartley Act. D. Labor-Management Relations Act.

15. Under OSHA guidelines, an accident must be recorded within
A. 24 hours. B. six working days.
C. 30 working days. D. one year.

16. The Civil Rights Acts of 1964 prohibits discrimination based on all of the following except
A. race. B. religion.
C. work experience. D. national origin.

17. A guest's right to use only his or her assigned area and public areas of the motel is called
A. right of occupancy. B. implied right.
C. premises permission. D. user's right.

18. A fidelity bond is designed to protect the property against
A. employee theft. B. fire.
C. guest theft. D. sprinkler damage.

19. One of the major purposes of worker's compensation insurance is to provide compensation to
A. employers for workers' dishonesty.
B. employers for damage to equipment by workers.
C. employees for job-related injuries.
D. employees who lose their jobs.

20. Disability income plans pay an employee a stated portion of his or her annual salary should the employee
A. retire before age 65.

B. suffer disability due to an accident during a vacation.

C. be laid off.

D. quit the job.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)