RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst

Kathy I would like to know if you can help me with this assignment.

Kathy : I would like to know if you can help me with this assignment. It is due on Monday August 1.

1.Research Head Start: Define its mission statement, describe the program and talk about the type of children who attend.

2. what percent of the population of children are disabled and how do they fit into the program

3 what are the criteria to become a teacher at a Head Start School(Ex. Degrees, certificates etc)

4. Research ADHD: what are the criteria for diagnosis and describe the characteristics of a child diagnosed with ADHD

5. When is ADHD usualy diagnosed and who is the one that makes the final determination?

6. As Larry 's teacher how would you support him to complete classroom tasks

7. As Larry's teacher how would you support him to complete classroom tasks?

8. As Larry's teacher how would you address his language use for problem solving, conflict resolution and entering into a play group?

9. As Larry's teacher how would you support him with his peers?

10. How would you support mom in managing his behavior at home? (look at behavior programs, etc)

Answer must be complete ( at least 2-3 paragraphs) use citations where appropriate and a reference list. I have a case study if you like. PLease contact me to let me know what you can do.
Category: Homework
Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.

Hi I can work on this question if agreeable? Let me know by 8 pm please?

thank you,

toneemarie

Looking forward to working with you, have a pleasant day o/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Answer must be complete ( at least 2-3 paragraphs) use citations where appropriate and a reference list. I have a case study if you like. PLease contact me to let me know what you can do. Remember the student that we will be working on is ADHD. I would like to type the case study for you if you like. Thanks you can work on the questions please.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.

Hi I will complete the questions as requested. Answer will be posted in mediafire file word document.

I understand Larry is ADHD.

A paragraph for each question with title page, cites, (pa format) and reference page.

I will begin now but, pease post case study so that I can get an idea of what you desire when you have time. Final post by Saturday pm or sooner.

Thank you

toneemarie

Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.

Hi Did you want the Head Start info for a particular city/state? Or does it matter?
I am in the Michigan area.

thanks

Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.

I am in the Michigan area.

Nearly done with questions assuming National Head Start mission acceptable?

thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since I am in Florida. I think Head Start in Florida will be fine. Here is the case study. Thanks!
Ms. Cross was concerned about a child in her Head Start class. Larry seemed to want to be with other children and play with them. But when he approached children, it was usually to grab toys or to push the kids. When she talked with Larry, he seemed genuinely sorry that he did not follow the rule, but two minutes later he would do the same thing. Larry seemed to have all the age-appropriate learning skills, in fact, his fine and gross motor skills were better than most of the children in her program. The school bus driver also said that Larry got into trouble on the bus and now he had to sit up front right behind the driver. Ms. Cross had also noted and documented that Larry did not stick with any activity for more than a minute or two. He seemed to spend most of his time wandering around the classroom and taking a toy out for a minute and then putting it down wherever happened to be. He also had difficulty sitting for circle time, unless he was sitting next to the teacher, the aide, or one of the volunteer moms. When he was with an adult, he would usually participate in activities for a few minutes. The other children in the class have started to avoid him and do not want him to play with them. When asked about it Rory said, “he does not play right.”
Larry is a 4 yr old boy. He was the middle of three children in the Young family. Larry’s older sister Tamika was in kindergarten and his younger brother Jerome was 3 months old. Mr. Young worked part time evenings for an office cleaning company. His hours varied from 10 to 45 hours per week, depending on the needs of his boss. He worked enough hours to cover expenses, but because he was not full time. He was ineligible for employer-paid medical benefits for him or his family. Mr. Young hoped to be made full time as soon as the company found additional clients. The family received food stamps to supplement their income and Tamika was eligible for free breakfast at school, while Larry received breakfast at Head Start. Mrs. Young stayed home and raised the children.
Mrs. Young affectionately called Larry he “wild child.”Even as a baby Larry was more active than either of her other children. At first she thought he was “all boy.” She indicated that she very little control over Larry. Although he does listen better to his father. However, because it is important that her husband be able to sleep during the day, she does almost anything to keep Larry quiet and away from her sleeping husband. She indicated that XXXXX XXXXXkes to watch cartoons and videos and she frequently lets him spend the afternoon watching his shows. She further stated that with other toys he quickly loses interest and just throws them around the room. Mrs. Young also observed that Larry does not usually play well with his sister and often gets mad at the baby when he cries. In fact, she added that her sisters (Larry ‘s aunts) will no longer let him come over to play with his cousins and her parents will not allow Larry to visit their house without his dad. She explained that Larry gets so excited that he just runs around through their homes, jumps on furniture, and disrupts everything.
On the other hand, Mrs. Young said that when Larry is settled down, he is the most loving boy she had ever seen. He also really likes stuffed animals, he would rub the fur and snuggle with his stuffed bear when he watched T.V. and for the six or seven hours he would sleep at night.
When Larry went to free clinic for his physical and immunizations for Head Start, the nurse suggested that Mrs. Young might want Larry to see his own pediatrician or specialist because he was so wound up in the waiting room he disturbed everyone who was there. Mrs. Young simply said yes and took the name. She did not follow up and was embarrassed to say they could not afford another visit to the doctor. After that episode and a program on the “Oprah” show on children with attention problems, she thought Larry might have ADHD.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.

Hi here is the media fire file to download in word doc format. A paragraph for each question. If you remove the questions or rephrase them in a statement, a complete essay is there for you.

Thank you

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ppeih24e66o9xy0/ja-adhd-001.doc

Tm

Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.

I can modify for Florida, I used the National Head Start Assoc., let me know.

thanks

Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.

Hi I dont understand what the case study is to be used for? Thought the assignment to was to answer the questions?
thanks

tm

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure why but you did not give an answer for # XXXXX and 9 Please let me know what happened.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I will check on number 3

But number 8 and 9 are combined because they flowed better that way.

thanks,

tm

Expert:  RopTeam replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience: Business Analyst