proexpert37, Educator
Experience:  UCLA graduate. Advanced degrees in English and Education.

My daughter is entering middle school 6th grade. She missed

My daughter is entering middle school 6th grade. She missed the interview for Bak Middle School of the Arts (Magnet school in WPB) for open enrollment. Is there anyway we can still get her an interview this year or possibly next year? How can I increase her odds of getting an interview?
Category: Homework
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer? Was missing the interview just an oversight? How are her grades? What are her extracurricular activities? What are her artistic strengths? Did she even fill out the application and go through any auditions? Thanks!!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes oversight. Grades A&B's. She is talented in Art, but does not have a passion in this field. She was to apply for communication (she is passionate about video graphics, computers, writing & reading). Yes, we recvd a confirmation from the school that her application was received, but never recvd the chance to interview. How can we get her an interview at this point? Mid year, next year? There are also kids on the waiting list.
The best course of action to take is to call the school as soon as you can and ask to schedule an appointment with the dean of students or headmaster or principal. Go straight to the top leadership. You do not want to do it over the telephone. Face to face contact is more effective. Explain your individual situation. They may give you some leniency. It depends on their rules and regulations.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Telling them I missed the interview schedule will probably get me any sympathy, is there another way of explaining why she deserves an interview?

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.