Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Hello i have 8 American Government questions i need answered

Hello i have 8 American Government questions i need answered by 3:00pm today. Please help me if you can. Thank u!
1.)In order for an amendment to the U.S Constitution to be formally proposed, what must the proposal be supported by?(Is it,majority vote in the House and two-thirds vote in the Senate,or two-thirds vote in the House and a majority vote in the Senate,or, majority vote in both chambers of Congress, or lastly,two-thirds vote in both chambers of Congress?
2.)What is the most important element in the voting choice of an American? religious affiliation,ideology or issues,candidate appeal, or party identification?
3.)What can special interest groups use as a way of spending an unlimited amount of money to endorse candidates who support a particular viewpoint?
4.)Which of the following statements best describes the Vice Presidents role in the Senate?(The VP has no authority in the Senate, the VP serves as the Senate majority leader if the President's party has a majority in the Senate, The VP serves as the chair of the Judiciary Committee, or The VP serves as the President of the Senate, but only votes to break a tie between Senators?)
5.)If the President wants to avoid media attentionfor signing a veto of a law drafted by Congress and the Congressional sessionends the day after the bill is delivered to him,what can the President do or use to nullify the law?(pocket veto, executive order,administrative veto, or determination letter?)
6.)If a pharmaceutical co wanted to sue another company for manufacturing a line of medications that violated a patent held by the other company,who should the lawsuit be filed with?(a state trial court, a US District Court, a US Circuit Court, or the Commerce Commission?)
7.)Please explain and describe the Sunshine Laws?
8.)Which of the following are always considered suspect classifications when the Supreme Court applies the equal protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendmnet?Race and national origin,national origin and gender,race and gender, gender and age?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

1. two-thirds vote in both chambers of Congress

2. party identification

3. Special interest groups can use unlimited funds to indirectly endorse a candidate when their media messages are focused on an issue supported by a candidate, rather than on the candidate his/herself. The implied message is that if one agrees with a candidate's support of an issue, then the person should vote for that candidate, even though this is not explicitly stated in the messages.

4. The VP serves as the President of the Senate, but only votes to break a tie between Senators.

5. pocket veto

6. Sunshine laws are federal and state laws that mandate that decisions and records of governmental agencies and regulatory authorities be made available to the public. The Freedom of Information Act (1966) is the federal law that initially allowed public access to information and documents controlled by the federal government.

7. US Circuit Court

8. Race and national origin

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Chris, thank you very much for those answers i'm just now able to retrieve. I just have a question on two of the answers given:with regards XXXXX XXXXX Sunshine laws, are they constitutionally mandated, and are they adopted by Congress with a requirement that most Congressional meetings be open to the public. The other question is in reference to the special interest groups inquiry :should my answer to this be yes to contributions to political action committees,or gifts of travel and lodging? Please advise as soon as you can Chris, and again, many thanks!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)