MsLawyer
MsLawyer, Graduate Student
Experience:  Joint JD/MBA student. English major. Scored 90th percentile in math category on SAT and GMAT.
32781926

construct three different arguments that display distinct fallacies.

Customer Question

construct three different arguments that display distinct fallacies. Give an explanation of why each makes a mistake in drawing the conclusion it does. Review your classmates’ examples and see if they, in fact, commit the fallacy identified.
Category: Homework
Expert:  MsLawyer replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
One rich source of fallacies is the media: television, radio, magazines, and the Internet (including, of course, commercials.) Identify two distinct fallacies you see committed in the media. Do you think it is more likely that you will not be fooled by these fallacies having studied logic? What do you think those presenting these arguments assume about the logical skills of their viewers? Is this a good or bad assumption for them to make?
Expert:  MsLawyer replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank You SO much- I greatly appreciate your prompt answers.
Expert:  MsLawyer replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Expert:  MsLawyer replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Logic and Science Provide a scientific hypothesis and explain how one might go about testing it, either by confirming the hypothesis or using Karl Popper's strategy of disconfirmation. Discuss which of these two strategies is better and why. (150 words)

Question #2- Mary is poor. She has not been able to find a job and has two children she needs to feed. Assume Mary is forced to let her children go hungry or steal some food from a local grocery store. Which should she do? Construct an argument that supports Mary's decision to steal the food or an argument that shows why Mary should not steal the food.

(150 words)

Sorry! Im new to this- and didn't realize I needed to do anything for you to get paid- I GREATLY appreciate your help. I will compensate!

Expert:  MsLawyer replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Im desperate- I've had my questions available all day- and you were my last option.

Expert:  MsLawyer replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Expert:  MsLawyer replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Expert:  MsLawyer replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!