C.R. Thaxton
C.R. Thaxton, Ed.D.
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in quality tutoring and instruction in English, math, and science
7204096

Figurative Language versus Literal Language Using and

"Figurative Language versus Literal Language"

Using and misusing figurative language may make it more difficult for others to engage in productive thinking. Listed below are ten (10) types of figurative language. (If you are unfamiliar with these terms, you may research the definitions. Cite your sources using APA Style.)

TERMS:

1. idiom

6. amphiboly

2. analogy

7. “flame word”

3. metaphor

8. hyperbole

4. simile

9. euphemism

5. cliché

10. colloquialism

Write a three to four (3–4) page (approximately 750–1000 word) paper that discusses these different types of figurative language.

Define the meaning and function of each term.
Provide an example for each term. (The example may be created by you or taken from another source. Cite your sources using APA Style.)
Describe the appropriate circumstances for using the example for each term and when it might lead to misunderstanding.

The paper should follow these guidelines for effectively organized writing:

Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph for the essay.
Each of the terms should be addressed in a single paragraph with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
Adhere to standard rules of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.

The format of the paper is to be as follows:

Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format.
In addition to the three to four (3–4) pages assigned, a title page with the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date is to be included, as well as a Reference Page.
Sources documented using APA style for in-text citations and listed on the References Page using APA style format.
Category: Homework
Expert:  C.R. Thaxton replied 3 years ago.
HelloCustomer

I am interested in this request. When is the paper due?

Thank you,
C.R.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The paper is due by 27 July.
HiCustomer

I will have it done by then. Thank you.

C.R.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. Any help I can get is great.
You're welcome. It's my pleasure to help.

C.R.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I received an email saying you were done with the answer, but I cant find it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
I really need help on this, and was blown off.
Hi jtnoble,

I am writing the finishing touches of this essay now.

Thanks,
C.R.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok Thank you.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
C.R. Thaxton, Ed.D.
Experience: Over 20 years experience in quality tutoring and instruction in English, math, and science