Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Ho4V Anatomy & phy 1. Which answer below best describes the

Customer Question

Ho4V Anatomy & phy 1. Which answer below best describes the functions of the muscular system? (Points: 5) Produces red blood cells, stores minerals, and maintains body position Produces red blood cells, produces movement, and maintains body position Maintains body temperature, stores minerals, and maintains body position Maintain body temperature, produces movement, and maintains body position 2. Which answer below best describes the organization of the muscular system from the smallest unit to the largest? (Points: 5) sarcomere, muscle fiber, myofibril, fascicle, skeletal muscle sarcomere, myofibril, fascicle, muscle fiber, skeletal muscle sarcomere, myofibril, muscle fiber, fascicle, skeletal muscle sarcomere, fascicle, myofibril, muscle fiber, skeletal muscle 3. Which one of the following statements below best describes the difference between tendons and aponeurosis? (Points: 5) Tendons connect muscle to muscles, and an aponeurosis connects bone to muscle. Tendons connect bone to bone, and an aponeurosis connects muscle to muscle. Tendons are tough cordlike layers of connective tissue, and an aponeurosis is a broad sheet of connective tissue. Tendons are broad sheets of connective tissue, and an aponeurosis is a cordlike layer of connective tissue. 4. A skeletal muscle cell is: (Points: 5) long and contains many nuclei. long and contains no nucleus. spindle shaped and contains many nuclei. spindle shape and contains no nucleus. 5. A muscle contraction begins immediately after: (Points: 5) stored neurotransmitters are released from the endoplasmic reticulum of the muscle fiber. stored calcium ions are released from the endoplasmic reticulum of the muscle fiber. the synaptic knob releases neurotransmitters. the synaptic knob releases calcium ions. 6. In order for a muscle contraction to stop, the myosin heads must detach from the actin filaments. This process requires: (Points: 5) carbon. calcium. ATP. ADP. 7. In order for a muscle contraction to stop, calcium must: (Points: 5) diffuse back into the endoplasmic reticulum. diffuse into the cytoplasm. be actively transported back into the cytoplasm. be actively transported back into the endoplasmic reticulum. 8. One reason that your body warms as you exercise is that the __________ releases heat. (Points: 5) utilization of ATP for muscle contractions utilization of ADP for muscle contractions release of calcium into the cytoplasm action of the actin filaments attaching to myosin filaments 9. In which one of the following muscles would you expect to find each motor neuron in control of the fewest muscle fibers? (Points: 5) Vastus lateralis Pectoralis major Latissimus dorsi Orbicularis oculi 10. The more muscle fibers a motor unit controls, the more likely the movement of the muscle will be: (Points: 5) precisely controlled. less precisely controlled. unable to function properly. unaffected as far as precision is concerned. 11. The biceps brachii extends between two bones and attaches to these bones to provide flexion and extension at the elbow. During these movements, the humerus bone remains stationary, while the radial bone moves. Because of the relationship of the biceps muscle to these two bones, the __________ of this muscle attach to the humerus, and the __________ of the muscle attaches to the radius bone. (Points: 5) insertions; origin origins; insertion insertions; head head; origin 12. Pushing against a wall is an example of a/an __________ muscle contraction, and lifting a bag of trash is an example of a/an __________ muscle contraction. (Points: 5) isometric; isotonic isotonic; isometric isotonic; hypertrophic hypertrophic; isotonic 13. Myoglobin binds oxygen molecules inside the: (Points: 5) mitochondria. muscle fiber. blood. ATP molecule. 14. Training for a __________ will result in the greatest amount of muscle hypertrophy. (Points: 5) shot put event 100-yard dash 110-meter high-hurdle sprint 26-mile marathon 15. A muscle performing at peak action levels will fatigue faster because: (Points: 5) ADP builds up because the mitochondria produce more than the muscle consumes. ATP builds up because the mitochondria produce more than the muscle consumes. ATP is consumed much faster than the mitochondria can produce it. ADP is consumed much faster than the mitochondria can produce it. 16. A marathon runner will continue to perspire and breathe heavily after completion of the race because the body needs to: (Points: 5) lose generated heat, and the muscle fiber's mitochondria need to restore reserves of ATP. lose generated heat, and the muscle fiber's mitochondria need to restore reserves of ADP. lose generated heat, and the muscle fiber's mitochondria need to restore reserves of lactic acid. maintain generated heat, and the muscle fiber's mitochondria need to restore reserves of ATP. 17. Based on its name, where would you expect to find the tibialis anterior muscle? (Points: 5) On the anterior side of the arm and above the elbow On the anterior surface of the leg and below the knee On the anterior surface of the leg and above the knee On the anterior side of the arm and the elbow 18. We can tell what from the name of the latissimus dorsi muscle? (Points: 5) It is the widest muscle on the back. It is the widest muscle on the abdomen. It is the longest muscle on the back. It is the longest muscle on the abdomen. 19. What does the name extensor carpi ulnaris tell you about the function of this muscle? (Points: 5) It helps to extend the toes. It helps to extend the ankle. It helps to extend the wrist. It helps to bend the metacarpals. 20. High pressures within the abdomen can cause __________, which is an example of a/an __________ disorder that results from trauma. (Points: 5) compartment syndrome; secondary compartment syndrome; inherited a hernia; secondary a hernia; primary
Edit
Category: Homework
Expert:  BMW MD replied 3 years ago.
I may be able to help. Please respond with the due date, and the length. Thank you! I look forward to working with you! BMW