Sandhya
Sandhya, Tutor
Experience:  I have several years of teaching experience.

Need help with statistic problems ANOVA assumes equal variances

Customer Question

Need help with statistic problems? ANOVA assumes equal variances within each treatment. A) True B) False 2 Comparison of c means in one-factor ANOVA is the same as using c repeated t-tests. A) True B) False 3 Hartley's test measures the equality of the means for several groups. A) True B) False 4 If you have 4 factors (call them A, B, C and D) in an ANOVA experiment with replication you could have 4 different two-factor interactions. A) True B) False 5 Use the following scenario to answer questions 5 to 12. Sound engineers studied factors that might affect the output (in decibels) of a rock concert speaker system. The desired level of significance was α = .05. The results of their ANOVA tests are shown.The number of positions tested was A) 1 B) 2 C) 3 D) 4 6 The number of amplifiers tested was A) 1 B) 2 C) 3 D) 4 E) 24 7 The number of observations was A) 16 B) 19 C) 23 D) 24 8 The number of observations per cell was A) 1 B) 2 C) 3 D) 4 9 The effect of amplifier was A) significant. B) insignificant. C) borderline. 10 The effect of position was A) significant. B) insignificant. C) borderline. 11 The F statistic for amplifier was A) 10.16 B) 9.90 C) 5.72 12 The interaction was A) significant. B) insignificant. C) borderline. Use the following scenario to answer questions 13 to 15. Three randomly-chosen pieces of four types of PVC pipe of equal wall thickness are tested to failure to determine the burst strength (in pounds per square inch) under three temperature conditions, yielding the results shown below. 13 Which test would be appropriate? A) two-factor ANOVA with replication. B) one-factor ANOVA. C) dependent (paired samples) t-test. D) two-factor ANOVA no replication. 14 Total degrees of freedom would be A) 19 B) 12 C) 35 D) 59 15 An interaction test would be appropriate. A) True. B) False

Optional Information:
State/Country relating to Question: United States

Already Tried:
I am in need of help don't know statistics
Category: Homework
Expert:  Sandhya replied 3 years ago.
Do you still need help with these problems?

Let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I do Please!!
Expert:  Sandhya replied 3 years ago.
Questions are not readable. Please format the questions in order.

I will answers ASAP.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1.) ANOVA assumes equal variances within each treatment. A) True B) False

2.) Comparison of c means in one-factor ANOVA is the same as using c repeated t-tests. A) True B) False

3 Hartley's test measures the equality of the means for several groups. A) True B) False

4 If you have 4 factors (call them A, B, C and D) in an ANOVA experiment with replication you could have 4 different two-factor interactions. A) True B) False

5 Use the following scenario to answer questions 5 to 12. Sound engineers studied factors that might affect the output (in decibels) of a rock concert speaker system. The desired level of significance was α = .05. The results of their ANOVA tests are shown.The number of positions tested was A) 1 B) 2 C) 3 D) 4

6 The number of amplifiers tested was A) 1 B) 2 C) 3 D) 4 E) 24

7 The number of observations was A) 16 B) 19 C) 23 D) 24

8 The number of observations per cell was A) 1 B) 2 C) 3 D) 4

9 The effect of amplifier was A) significant. B) insignificant. C) borderline.

10 The effect of position was A) significant. B) insignificant. C) borderline.

11 The F statistic for amplifier was A) 10.16 B) 9.90 C) 5.72

12 The interaction was A) significant. B) insignificant. C) borderline. Use the following scenario to answer questions 13 to 15. Three randomly-chosen pieces of four types of PVC pipe of equal wall thickness are tested to failure to determine the burst strength (in pounds per square inch) under three temperature conditions, yielding the results shown below.

13 Which test would be appropriate? A) two-factor ANOVA with replication. B) one-factor ANOVA. C) dependent (paired samples) t-test. D) two-factor ANOVA no replication.

14 Total degrees of freedom would be A) 19 B) 12 C) 35 D) 59

15 An interaction test would be appropriate. A) True. B) False

Optional Information:

Already Tried:

Expert:  Sandhya replied 3 years ago.
Table is missing for question 5 and 13.

Please send data table.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It"s Formatted can you see what You can help me with Now?
Expert:  Sandhya replied 3 years ago.
There should be two ANOVA tables for question 5 and 13. I need those table to answer questions from 5 to 15.

Please send ASAP.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Source of variation ss df MS F P-value

Amplifier 99.02344 99.02344 0.0005718

Position 93.98698 31.32899 3.215807 0.051003

Interaction 10.15365 3 3.384549 0.347412 0.791505

Error 155.875 16 9.742188

total (NNN) NNN-NNNN 23

Expert:  Sandhya replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info

Can you please send another table as well?

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the following scenario to answer questions 13 to 15.
Three randomly-chosen pieces of four types of PVC pipe of equal wall thickness are tested to failure to determine the burst strength (in pounds per square inch) under three temperature conditions, yielding the results shown below.

Temperature PVC1 PVC2 PVC3 PVC4

250 301 235 217

Hot(70 C) 273 285 260 255

281 275 279 241

Warm (40 C) 321 342 302 240

322 322 315 260

299 339 301 278

358 375 328 301

Cold (10 C) 363 355 336 333

341 354 342 302

Expert:  Sandhya replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Sandhya, Tutor
Experience: I have several years of teaching experience.